QA Tester - Video Games (Seasonal)
14 days ago
As 2K continues to grow, we are looking for QA Testers to join our team. You will test video game titles on various consoles, PC’s and handhelds to check the software for errors and enter them into the test database.
This is up to a 4-month seasonal assignment based at our office in Downtown Las Vegas. Reports to the Lead and/or QA Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Find defects in the software using established and tedious methods.
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases.
- Enter detailed, but concise, bugs into bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release.
- Be prepared to provide insight as to the playability of a title.
- Provide a positive role model, in terms of work performance, attitude and attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles.
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word, Outlook and Database Software.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- Ability to test both 2D and 3D games repeatedly, while listening and looking for bugs.
- Ability to test using a handheld gaming device and various other gaming platforms.
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts.
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Testing experience with multiple games on multiple platforms.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.