This job might no longer be available.
QA Tester - Video Games (Kirkland, WA)
11 days ago
We are a fun, hard-working, and dedicated family of experienced game developers working cross platform, with a current focus on mobile and emerging platforms. We keep our eyes set on broad appeal and an engaging experience for our players. We are always looking for people who want to make the best out of great games.
We need self-driven individuals, who find pride and fulfillment in doing the best work possible. Folks who take responsibility for not only their work, but for the success of team at large, and what is best for the game. Cat Daddy Games is looking for a QA Tester to join our team, and help us make inventive and fun mobile & tablet games. On a day-to-day basis you will test game titles on handhelds to check the software for errors and enter them into the test database. Reports to the Lead and / or QA Manager.
This position is usually located at our office in Kirkland, but due to the current ongoing pandemic the position will be remote initially.
- Find defects in the software
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases
- Enter detailed, but concise, bugs into bug database
- Regress fixed bugs on each release
- Be prepared to provide insight as to the playability of a title
- Work closely with developers, reproducing and owning issues
- Act as a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Passion for games and the gaming industry
- Technically proficient with PCs and gaming consoles
- Computer literate, specifically MS Word, Outlook, and Database Software
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- A positive attitude with the ability to work in a team environment
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any mandatory paid overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
- This is an entry level position so no experience is required, however any prior game testing experience will be a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent