QA Tester | Stela
Burnaby, British Columbia
7 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , or unleash your creativity on original IP. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. We are a co-developer on Halo Infinite , work on projects in the Minecraft universe, and also make original cinematic platformer, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 140 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
We are looking for a QA Tester who will play a significant role in the success of our original platformer, Stela. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of game testing principles and techniques and a thorough understanding of software development cycles. This is a 2-month fixed term contract with a possibility for extension.
- Find, report, and verify bugs/issues in the development process
- Communicate feedback to the appropriate individuals effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Own all or part of the testing efforts in areas such as gameplay, audio, systems, design and menus
- Compose daily and weekly reports of testing efforts
- Complete documentation on tools and processes
- 1-2+ years’ experience in QA testing within the games industry
- Mobile game testing experience is required
- Proven understanding of game testing principles and techniques
- Strong knowledge of software development cycles
- Experience with bug tracking systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to deliver constructive feedback effectively
- Experience with test plan creation
- Experience testing on various iOS devices
- Experience shipping a game
- Console compliance testing experience
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 140+ person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.