This job might no longer be available.
QA Tester, Senior
14 days ago
As a Senior QA Tester at Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) you boast a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a passion for games. The QA test team is embedded within our development team so you naturally work well with others, are a stellar communicator, and understand the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for testing game content for bugs and other flaws;
- Verify proper implementation of features against design specifications;
- Work with the QA Test Lead to maintain a reporting system that tracks and verifies fixes throughout the test cycle;
- Design, write, and execute test cases during all phases of product development;
- Provide written and verbal reports on the state of bugs, features, performance, and playability;
- Escalate risks and blocking issues as soon as they are uncovered;
- Help to run build verification checklists against a range of devices and mobile platforms;
- Track mobile devices and inventory systems;
- Be the voice of the consumer.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- A passion for gaming;
- Minimum three years of game testing or QA experience;
- Experience writing test plans and test scripts;
- Experience working alongside a development team;
- Experience in one or more defect tracking and/or test management tool;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience reporting on and tracking Quality metrics;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.).
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Experience with supervision, direction, and mentorship of QA test team members;
- Experience with Jira.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is an industry leading independent game development studio focused on creating revolutionary gaming experiences. It was founded in 2007 by the award-winning industry veterans and creative forces behind Company of Heroes™. Since that time SGI has developed a wide range of games- from original IP, AAA game concepts, to mobile apps, console titles, and even immersive online experiences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.