This job might no longer be available.
QA Tester Online Services
Lincoln, United Kingdom
11 months ago
At Rockstar Games, we create the games we would want to play ourselves.
A career at Rockstar is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding, large-scale projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a friendly, inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Lincoln is on the lookout for talented QA Testers of Online Services who possess a passion for quality. This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game studio in Lincoln, UK.
WHAT WE DO
- Ensure the quality and reliability of Rockstar’s Online Services in support of multiple Industry leading titles.
- Create and work through comprehensive test plans to ensure everything is functioning correctly.
- Write up bug reports concisely explaining issues and providing required information and attachments.
- Work cohesively with other departments to gain a full understanding of all systems in test.
- Identifying, Investigating, clarifying and documenting defects encountered during testing.
- Test of all associated Online (Social Club) services, updates, live events, sweepstakes and maintenance for all supported titles.
- Test of all Social Club related features for all upcoming titles and title updates.
- Test of all Social Club Admin and Customer Support Tools for all supported and upcoming titles.
- Test of all Rockstar Games Websites updates, including the Rockstar Warehouse.
- The ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels.
- Knowledge and experience of All Current and Previous Gen (Xbox 360 & PS3) consoles.
- Knowledge and Experience of PC Gaming and associated Digital Platforms e.g. Steam.
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office suite.
- The ability to multitask and work to deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to quickly learn and adapt to highly technical tasks.
- The ability to work productively and collaboratively, respecting others' opinions.
- The ability to remain focused when approaching repetitive tasks.
- Ability to become accustomed to various in-house software systems.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with a variety of database software.
- Experience of testing Web based Applications and Web Sites.
- Experience of using Online service tools such as fiddler and Wireshark.
- Experience of working with ecommerce platforms and processes.
- Qualification in a Computer Science/Games Computing related field.
- Candidates must be 18 years of age and above.
- This is a two-stage application process. You will be asked to complete a video interview; from which you may be asked to attend an in-studio interview.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover-letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar Games recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.