QA Tester, (FPS, RPG)
Westwood, Massachusetts, United States
15 days ago
Who We Are:
We are a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive located in the greater-Boston area. We're dedicated to making immersive story driven games for gamers that like a challenge. The studio was founded by a group of former Irrational Games developers that involved the development and release of highly rated games, System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite.
We’re working on a new immersive, sci-fi based FPS with RPG elements. We haven’t announced any details yet because we are still in production.
Come join an outstanding team of less than ~35 people that is committed to judging by quality, not arbitrary timeliness. We are known for having genuine open communication with a flat structure. You're welcome to join any meeting, walk up to (or Slack) anyone and have your voice heard. Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and matters!
Who You Are:
Our ideal teammate is a well-rounded embedded QA Tester who will support and validate the development of our next title, which can include testing around game development tools and pipelines.
Please note: this is a project based (FT) role with benefits.
- Review design specs to create accurate test cases and test plans around features.
- Accurately execute all assigned test cases.
- Provide in-engine unit and integration tests for features and systems.
- Enter detailed but concise bug descriptions into the bug database.
- Regress fixed bugs on each release as needed.
- Provide qualitative assessments on the title’s playability upon request.
- Prioritize workload according to the project’s direction and milestones.
- Reproduce issues for programmers and designers as needed.
- Work closely with other QA members and development team to accomplish goals.
What You Bring:
- 1+ year of QA experience, preferably in a development studio environment.
- Technically proficient with PC and gaming consoles.
- Familiar with Unreal 4.
- Experience with Windows, MS Office products and database software.
- Basic understanding of source control and able to learn new toolsets quickly.
- Understand the benefits and uses of automation.
- Ability to test 3D games repeatedly while listening and looking for bugs.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. and willing to relocate to the Boston area.
What We Offer You:
- Flexible Hours: We understand that sometimes people need to balance work and family life, so we have flexible work hours and support structure. Friday is our dedicated work-from-home day for most team members. (although we are currently all working remotely.)
- Benefits: Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform and more.
- Free Merchandise: Every new employee is encouraged with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item from time to time. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
- On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy with full team-catered lunches. New employee arrivals, significant team meetings, receiving your online shopping orders and getting you an aspirin when needed. They have your back!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we build and celebrate diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law