This job might no longer be available.
QA Tester - Contractor
Plantation, FL, United States
5 months ago
We are seeking a QA Tester to join our team. The QA Tester will ensure quality and inform risk on our interactive experiences, games, and other important projects through both written and verbal communication using data as it relates to project health. This position will be working in a fast paced environment with energetic and highly creative individuals. We are seeking a person who is passionate about the future of Mixed Reality’s role in computing and are ready and eager for the challenges involved in creating world-class experiences and tools that fulfill the potential of Magic Leap’s groundbreaking technology.
The QA Tester will be responsible for executing various test strategies using ad-hoc, automated, UX, and performance testing methods on in development projects in order to find defects or negative impacts to the user experience.
- Work closely with Artists, Engineers, Designers, and Producers throughout the product life cycle to analyze and inform on in development product features as it relates to the user experience
- Collaborate with QA team members to ensure up to date and accurate information relating to the health of a project
- Executing test strategy in an intelligent and timely manner in accordance with a project test schedule
- Creating and maintain test cases, test plans, scripts and documentation for projects
- Work closely with QA management to ensure department expectations are met and exceeded
- Work closely with other QA members to achieve common testing goals
- Adhere to architecture and style requirements for all implemented scripts, documentation, or reporting where applicable
- Recognize and report on defects found through various Grey and White Box testing methods
- Must be willing to work weekends and/or overtime on occasion
- Ability to quickly acquire working knowledge of new devices, products, and features
- Willingness to stage test environments which could require moving furniture up to 50lbs
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Work experience in a related field
- Minimum 6 months QA/Software Test Experience in an agile environment
- 6 months or greater Experience with Version Control Systems such as Helix P4
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to report on projects as assigned and give updates regarding status' of ongoing tests
- Interest in mixed reality applications, spatial computing, and video games
- 6 months experience working with Unity, Unreal, or SDK environments
- Familiarity working with Prototype Hardware and/or Software
- Familiarity working with Jenkins
- Shipped at least 1 major AAA title in a Quality Assurance or Control role
- Experience working in a Quality Assurance role on Narrative and/or Multiplayer experiences
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.