QA Tester (10 month Fixed Term Contract, Onsite)
16 days ago
Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way. We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour. You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are looking for a number of experienced Quality Assurance Tester to join the studios’ QA team. You will be working as part of an Embedded QA Team, working directly with development teams testing games, in order to locate and report issues across different hardware platforms. Testing product components and features, providing clear, concise feedback to the QA Lead, producers and development team is a key element of this role. We can only consider candidates who are UK based and can relocate to Portsmouth, UK.
- You will be testing games, in order to locate and report issues across different hardware platforms providing clear, concise feedback to your QA Lead, producers and the development team.
- Ensure that the bug database is maintained and updated, documenting test results accurately.
- Help to create and maintain well defined test plans to meet functional and technical specifications.
- Follow test plans and test for functionality, performance, reliability, stability and compatibility with other systems, including rigorous testing during submission processes.
- Collaborate productively with development teams to identify, report and recreate bugs.
- Liaise and coordinate with external publisher QA.
- Certification, release regression and general testing across a range of consoles and/or PC storefronts.
- Experience in running and testing multiplayer features and test plans.
- Knowledge of bug reporting workflow & updating bug databases.
- Understanding of games, development cycle, key milestones and game terminology.
- Performance testing across a range of low and high specifications on PC.
- Familiar with testing accessibility features within the title.
- Desirable is console testing experience on a game that has used UE4 and familiar with the engine.
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops