This job might no longer be available.
QA Test Lead
1 month ago
Smoking Gun Interactive is looking for an experienced QA Test Lead to join our team! The QA Test Lead will schedule and delegate QA tasks, manage multiple bug databases, and will be the company liaison between the development and publisher QA teams. The ideal candidate will have experience in the creation, maintenance and supervision of executing test cases and checklists. A keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a passion for games is a must. Our QA team is embedded within our development team, so the right individual is a great communicator who works well with others and understands the functions of the different disciplines on a game team.
- Supervision, direction, and mentorship of QA test team members
- Implement appropriate test methods to support product goals
- Ability to analyze upcoming game content to quickly identify risk areas
- Strong written/verbal reporting skills on the state of game bugs, features, playability, risks, and blockers
- Creation and maintenance of QA test plans, coverage docs, and test cases for a living product and all phases of product development
- Bug database management – tracking, assessing, and assigning priorities
- Ensure testers maintain a high bar of quality in their game testing and device coverage
- Responsible for testing game content for bugs and other defects
- Proofread and verify written product documentation
- Ability to maintain strong, collaborative relationships with other Leads & team members within Programming, Art, Design & Production teams
- Point of contact for outsource testing and outsource strategies
- Work closely with Community Manager for live issue reporting and prioritization.
- Ensure games are signed-off, in a quality state and ready for certification processes for Console/Mobile platforms
- Mobile device tracking, rotation schedule & inventory systems
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced & deadline-driven environment
- Previous experience in the gaming industry
- 2+ years of QA project management as well as task scheduling experience
- 2+ years experience managing a test team and their day-to-day tasks
- 4+ years of QA or development testing experience; Mobile testing experience ideal
- Experience in building and maintaining a QA process that works for the studio
- Experience working alongside a development team
- Proficient in Quality Assurance metrics reporting and tracking
- Strong working knowledge of one or more defect tracking system
- Experience with test case management tools
- Experience working with remote, outsourced &/or global teams
- Strong teamwork, communication and collaboration skills, internally and with external studios
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is a dynamic and innovative game development studio lead by industry veterans located in the heart of downtown Vancouver. We develop original IPs as well as partner with incredible companies and established brands such as Microsoft and NASA to create games and diverse interactive experiences, utilizing our own leading edge technology.