QA Test Lead (Embedded)
3 days ago
Who We Are:
Ghost Story Games is a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive, located in the greater-Boston area. Our studio designed and released award-winning games, such as System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. We are currently working on our next project and would love for you to be part of our team.
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture and 94 percent of employees say their workplace is great. We are however, dedicated to building our best workplace yet.
What You’ll Take On:
- Lead our internal QA team.
- Partner with an external 3rd Party QA team to build test plans for deliverables, increase productivity, efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensure that schedules are adhered to, and dates are met.
- Identify, refine, document and implement all QA practices and processes.
- Identify and manage all necessary QA tools.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality needs are met and issues are tracked down in a timely manner and fixed as quickly as possible.
- Manage build processes and provide build notes.
- Manage bug database to ensure that it is free of duplicates and that all bugs are assigned to appropriate team members.
- Assist in the hiring and training of our QA team.
- Coordinate and facilitate needs of the QA department to management and project leads.
What You Bring:
You put the needs of our players first and help people on your team develop and perform as highly as possible. You exercise good judgment under pressure and are able to navigate effectively in a fast-paced and user-facing environment. You have demonstrated success in building and maintaining collaborative relationships across multiple teams, gaining consensus and effectively motivating change for new initiatives in a sophisticated organization. You are self-motivated and solve problems creatively and independently.
- Experience shipping similar titles in a similar role.
- Minimum of 5 years of QA experience.
- Experience building a QA team (interviewing and reviewing candidates).
- Power-user of software bug and task tracking software, such as Jira and Hansoft.
- Worked with and led external QA leads and teams.
- Experience testing games using the Unreal Engine.
- Experience crafting and running test plans and documentation for highly systemic games.
- Must be eligible to work in the US and willing to relocate to Boston.
- Understanding of Automation Testing and defining value of tools.
- Experience defining Acceptance Criteria.
- Understanding of white box and black box testing methodologies.
What We Offer You:
- Benefits. Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Flexible Hours. We understand that sometimes people need to juggle work and family life, so we have flexible work hours and a support structure.
- The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project with a world-class team of developers.
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.