This job might no longer be available.
QA Test Analyst - Infrastructure and Tools
Los Gatos, California
5 months ago
Cryptic Studios is currently seeking a talented Quality Assurance Analyst who can join our Core Technology Software team. This position reports into the QA Lead located on-site at Cryptic Studios, in Los Gatos, California.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and not afraid of new challenges. The QA Analyst is expected to perform quality assurance tasks such as server infrastructure and internal tools testing, executing test cases, documenting and tracking flaws, and developing test plans.
A successful applicant will be reliable and flexible in response to the demands of a fast-paced work environment, and up to the challenge of debugging the back-end systems of some of the world's best multiplayer online games!
**Every day you could be:**
* Assisting in the refinement and improvements of testing procedures and test plans
* Identifying and reporting quality assurance and testing issues and defects
* Testing and verifying quality of software and internal tools
* Deploying, testing, and maintaining test servers and systems
* Working side-by-side with software engineers to identify testing needs and opportunities
**What we'd like to see:**
* 3+ years’ relevant QA professional experience (Game Industry and/or Consumer Software)
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
* Experience with testing game infrastructure tools and servers
* Understanding of the importance of QA and testing
* Excellent knowledge of QA methodologies, processes and tools
* Ability to follow rigorous quality assurance processes
* Ability to analyze or develop processes and suggest improvements effectively
* Technical understanding of multiple facets of game and/or software development
* Demonstrated success in fast and dynamic environments
* Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
* Strong attention to detail and organized
* Passion for games; especially, but not limited to, MMORPGs
* Scripting and automation knowledge (Python and C)
* Experience testing customized game development tools
* Demonstrated documentation skills
* Experience with console certification standards