QA Technical Writer
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
6 days ago
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. Since 2011, our gaming titles have been downloaded more than 2 billion times, providing fun to millions of people, every day, everywhere.
We are not done yet. We aspire to develop games that will be remembered by generations. To achieve this goal, we pursue to be best-in-class in each of our major disciplines: Product, Engineering, Art, Marketing, Data, and Quality. That’s why we are rapidly expanding and building talented and passionate teams in our offices in Argentina, Brazil, Ireland, and the US.
About the Team
Our Quality Assurance team plays a critical role in the development cycle of the game. Working closely with game designers and developers, backend and tool engineers, the team is tasked with ensuring the quality of our games by mixing manual and automated tests. Being up to date with some of the best tools and testing techniques, our team is focused on improving our processes on each sprint, thus seeking to be a reference to the industry. We are a strong, motivated, and collaborative team, working like a fast, self-organized, and with an out-of-the-box thinking entity. Our quality work is our pride!
About the Role
The role of the technical writer in the QA Department is key to enable us to improve our processes, thus improving the final quality of our games. For our department, documentation is essential and of great value. You will be the owner of it, and you will take care of it as if it was your child. Create, update, suggest, improve, delete, translate and convert complex technical material into user-friendly and easy-to-read documentation to be published for the entire company. One of the attractive aspects of this role is that your work here will be dynamic, so you will be always learning something new with us.
Your first challenge will be to increase the productivity of our QAs. To accomplish that, you can free some of our QA Analyst's time, by taking ownership of their documentation tasks, enabling them to focus 100% on what they do best: QA. You will also work in collaboration with them and with the Developers, Technical Writers and Product Managers to facilitate the understanding of our games and our QA processes. You will learn in detail about our Game Development Life Cycle.
Also, we always have ongoing projects that need documentation to pass to the training and/or implementation phase. We love continuous improvement, so our processes are also being modified from time to time, thus requiring documentation update. This means that you will also be spending time working together with the leadership team of the QA Department. Besides that, you will also learn how a QA Department works, the processes involved, the profiles and roles of our professionals, the org. structure, etc.
We are looking forward to having our Technical Writer fully integrated and making part of our QA family!
Who you are
- You have outstanding writing skills.
- You are as curious about technology as we are, and you enjoy learning and doing new things.
- When you start doing something, doing the best you can makes you feel satisfied.
- Creating high-quality, well structured, and visually attractive content is something natural for you.
- You are already aware of how important and valuable it is to have a good documentation. When you are creating documentation, being aware of its importance and value, your motivation doesn't depend on anything else.
- It interests you to think about and find solutions to problems.
- You are a team player. You're always willing to lend a hand to someone in need.
- Your great communication skills make it easy for you to identify issues and demands within your team and the company.
- Interviewing subject matter experts and translating technical talks into engaging and easy-to-read content is easy for you.
What you'll do
- Working side by side with our QAs, to assess problems in our documentation as well as that owned by other teams that we may be using, and brainstorm with us for ideas or solutions to avoid that from happening again.
- Work with managers, advise them, and define together how to better organize our documentation, identify problems, and prioritize solutions.
- Support our specialists in developing content for the company, such as blog entries, technical posts, or presentations related to the QA Department.
- Support us in communicating the outcomes of our activities, e.g. internal newsletters.
- Keep our training documentation updated.
- Define what great looks like for stylish, consistent, and high-quality documentation, and then create templates using the styles and guidelines you defined.
- Assist us in writing and keeping our QA process documentation up-to-date.
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or equivalent experience.
- Experience writing and editing documents, defining the structure and managing technical documentation
- Excellent writing skills both in Portuguese and English.
- Fluent in English or at least skilled enough to participate in a meeting.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and agile development process.
- Previously experience in QA.
- Knowledge in the use of Confluence.
- Knowledge of mind maps.
- Passionate about games.
- Web Design Basics.