QA Team Lead
Bucharest Bucharest ro
11 days ago
Your main mission
The IT Department of UBISOFT is looking for a QA Team Lead who will manage a team involved in various project assignments within the Group, ranging from internal projects with corporate clients, to external web needs.
You will be working in a fast paced international environment and gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way!
What you’ll do
- Leads by setting a good example (role model) - behavior consistent with words;
- Creates an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort;
- Recognizes and celebrates team and team member accomplishments (from specialization point of view);
- Maintains excellent knowledge on Ubisoft and especially IT processes, reinforce them and propose enhancements as per reality in the operational field;
- Identifies evolution, development and career path opportunities for each team members;
- Mentors direct reports through formal and informal channels. Assesses training needs and proposes training tools for team members;
- Measures and encourages expertise evolution (knowledge share, training) and detects opportunities for improvements;
- Outlines the domain activity;
- Offers support to SCRUM Master/PM/PO on involvement of the people in their product team;
- Participates in the test plan and test strategy creation;
- Provides core skills guidance to team members;
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels and seek to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiency;
- Identifies “Key Members”;
- Ensures the administrative monitoring of the team (absence planning and validation, business trips planning, monitoring and validation of time sheets);
- Identifies recruitment needs and participates in the recruitment process;
- Coordinates team logistics (space, equipment, furniture);
- Work proactively in coordination with the development team for the troubleshooting and resolving of issues in a timely manner;
- Present ideas on system improvements based on hands on experience;
- Contribute to the design, documentation, implementation and maintenance of test environments and test systems and processes;
- Coordinate and standardize Automation testing approaches;
- Help automation team to improve their technical skills and frameworks.
What you’ll bring as experience
- University graduate - University degree in a relevant field (i.e. Automation and Computer science, Electronics and telecommunication, Informatics);
- Practical experience of at least 5 years in testing;
- Good knowledge of the English language, both orally and written. French is a plus;
- Good understanding of the SDLC & STLC;
- Knowledge and experience of QA methodologies (Agile - SCRUM);
- Experience with testing and bug reporting tools (JIRA, TestRail);
- Knowledge of webtesting, functionality, usability testing is a plus;
- Technical writing experience (test plans, test strategies, work procedures, user guides etc.);
- General knowledge in the area of web applications development practices;
- Experience with APIs testing;
- Knowledge of SQL queries;
- Knowledge of Mongo simple queries is a plus;
- Experience with logs (search, sort, filter, identify);
- Experience with Selenium/Telerik Test Studio or any other software-testing framework tool (for web app);
- Experience with SoapUI, JMeter, phpMyAdmin (or similar), MongoVUE (or similar), Jenkins tools;
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, PHP is a plus.
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Strong project management skills: estimations, task assignment, follow-up, communication within project team, risk assessment;
- People management skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Responsible and accountable for his/her actions;
- Persevering and proactive;
- Is able to multitask, work on multiple project needs and perform on strict deadlines;
- Quality, services and result oriented;
- Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
- Good team player, able to accept constructive criticism and give feedback, facilitates effective team interaction;
- Creative / Innovative: suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear and proactively seeks solutions;
- Good communication and presentation skills (verbal and written); Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience;
- Persuasive and able to stand by own ideas;
- Autonomy, ability to work with minimal guidance;
- Open to changes and self-improvement.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume , highlighting your experience, education and skills.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.