This job might no longer be available.
QA Student Worker
1 month ago
We believe work is better when people are in the same physical space together. At Unity, we offer a hybrid-first approach that fosters the alignment and connectedness we get from being together while retaining the benefits of flexibility. Employees are expected to work from an office on average 3-days a week unless otherwise agreed with the company or specified in their employment contract.
We are looking for a hardworking Student Worker to support our DOTS development process! As an Embedded Student Worker Tester , you will enrich the quality of work delivered by our development teams. In this role, you will mirror artist workflows, develop internal test projects and continuously create use cases in order to identify issues from a user perspective and support the DOTS development process. We expect you to create scenarios and produce test scenes while using different technologies in our DOTS production pipeline and provide constant feedback to DOTS development teams regarding the stability and robustness of the current process.
This role will involve working 15 - 20 hours per week and the hours are flexible around your studies.
Please include to include your portfolio or website when applying
What you’ll be doing
- Work very closely with a feature team and the technology they develop and participate in code reviews
- Create detailed test documentation and communicate findings with developers, release management, and R&D QA
- Collaborate with colleagues from R&D Unity and always stay up to date regarding the latest features in their pipelines
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve test and release processes
What we’re looking for
- You must currently be enrolled in a relevant Bachelor's or Master's degree program, such as Gaming or Computer science.
- Prior experience using Unity
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- You should be self-motivated, able to work independently and in a team environment
- Willingness to constantly learn and use new technology
- Experienced with C# and C++
You might also have
- Understanding of the Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Understanding of basic software development practices (Agile / Scrum)
- Previous experience with a game production company in a similar student worker role
- Relocation support is not available for this position
- Work visa/immigration sponsorship is not available for this position
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2022, more than 70% of the top 1000 mobile games were made with Unity as derived from a blended number of the top 1000 games in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. In 2022, Made with Unity Applications had more than 4 billion downloads per month. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment and celebrate our employees across age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Our differences are strengths that enable us to support the growing and evolving needs of our customers, partners, and collaborators. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please fill out this form to let us know.
This position requires the incumbent to have a sufficient knowledge of English to have professional verbal and written exchanges in this language since the performance of the duties related to this position requires frequent and regular communication with colleagues and partners located worldwide and whose common language is English.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Your privacy is important to us. Please take a moment to review our Prospect and Applicant Privacy Policies. Should you have any concerns about your privacy, please contact us at DPO@unity.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.