This job might no longer be available.
QA Student Worker
7 months ago
Unity is looking to hire Game Design Test Engineers with the overall goal to support our development teams. You will do this by using their game development knowledge and skills to explore ways to test Unity engine whilst working in collaboration with teams in our R&D department. We expect you to create scenarios and produce scenes while using different game mechanics in our production pipeline and mirror artist workflows in order to identify quality bottlenecks. You will give constant feedback to development teams regarding the functionality, usability and stability of Unity Engine. Therefore you will need to be highly motivated and proactive team player who can help to enrich the quality of work delivered by our teams in Unity Copenhagen Team.
This role will involve working 15 - 20 hours per week and the hours are flexible around your studies. We offer subsidised lunch and a great office environment.
Please include your portfolio or website when applying
- Work with a team of student workers designing and developing game projects in order to support and provide feedback on the development of new Unity technologies
- Create detailed test documentation and communicate findings with developers, release management and R&D QA
- Collaborate with colleagues from R&D Unity and always stay up to date regarding the latest features on their pipelines
- Partner with developers and test engineers to improve test and release processes
- You must currently be enrolled in a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree program such as Gaming or Computer science
- Prior experience using Unity
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- You should be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Be proactive in handling impediments in the daily work
- Understanding of the Software Testing Life Cycle.
- Understanding of basic software development practices (Agile / Scrum)
- Previous experience with a game production company in a similar student worker role
- Experienced with C#
Who We Are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.