QA Specialist – Helsinki, Finland
17 days ago
Are you a curious QA Specialist up for ensuring world-class production quality of our hit game, Merge Mansion? Ready to join one of Europe's fastest growing game companies?
If yes, Metacore could be the right place for you
We are a game company from Helsinki, now also expanding to Berlin, best known for our hit game Merge Mansion and our people-first company culture. Built on trust, our culture allows us to work autonomously, efficiently, and ambitiously. We have mutually agreed on five cultural norms to describe how we build trust and work as Metacore – you can find them here: https://metacoregames.com/culture
Our company’s mission is to entertain hundreds of millions of people for decades. Although we already entertain 50M+ players worldwide and have grown into a team of 170+ game industry professionals in less than three years, we’re only getting started. That’s where we hope you come in: to act as a dedicated business partner for our game teams and other functions. As part of our Operations team, you will help us to drive financial efficiency and strategic decision-making across our organization.
QA Specialist plays a key role in bringing QA topics forward to the game development team to help guarantee world-class production quality of every release at Metacore. In practice, this means (at least) the following:
- Understanding and analyzing design requirements, which also involves identifying any gaps or missing information needed to perform validation and testing activities
- Developing test plans and test cases to verify that the software meets high-level requirements
- Continuously improving the efficiency of QA workflow
- Reporting, regression testing and taking ownership of catching bugs
Every role is eventually shaped to match our unique passions, backgrounds and strengths. Here are some of the key skills and experience you should already have when joining Metacore as a QA Specialist:
- Knowhow of QA in game or mobile app testing—from methods, workflows and procedures to hands-on usability and performance testing
- Experience in prioritizing and scheduling QA work while maintaining a close communication line with different teams
- Problem solving skills topped with a thirst for simplifying things and resolving issues, and doing it with a service-minded attitude and a collaborative communication style
- Proactive mindset and ability to work independently
In addition to these, it would be nice but not mandatory for you to know these as well:
- Previous experience with Unity/Level editors
- Interest in mobile gaming, you enjoy playing them and, of course, testing them
Sounds about right? Then let’s talk!
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Relocation: Relocating to Finland expected, full support provided
- Remote work: Hybrid model of office and remote work
- Start date: Flexible, ideally as soon as possible
- Working language: English
Our company is formed by great teams and individuals. Together, we work rather as Metacore than for Metacore – aiming for the same goal of entertaining our audience with world-class mobile games. As Metacore, we’re much more than the sum of our skills, experiences and knowledge.
Metacore is the game company where players are the closest thing to a boss. In other words, our teams and individuals enjoy a lot of freedom and responsibility in their work. Everyone can find the optimal way for reaching their goals – as long as it respects our company culture.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.