QA Project Manager
3 months ago
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 28-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 250 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden, a newly opened Romania studio - plus an additional UI/UX hub in the UK. As part of Funcom’s ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Now, our studio in Bucharest, Romania, needs a QA Project Manager to be the QA spokesperson and quality champion for one of Funcom’s top franchises, ensuring a quality experience for the end-users.
Your Mission in Funcom
As a QA Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing all QA aspects for one of Funcom’s top franchises, leading QA teams across several studios and collaborating with the development team to ensure high-quality experiences for our players.
You will plan, build, and organize the QA team to fit the project ambitions, timeline and needs. You will hire, develop, and mentor the QA Leads, testers, and analysts to ensure their growth and help them reach high professional and quality standards.
You will ensure that the proper compliance methodology is put in place to deliver the best quality, compatibility, and performance on all platforms, including PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X/S.
You will help assess the strengths and weaknesses of external QA partners and propose mitigations to meet current project needs and improve the quality of these collaborations.
You will be the QA spokesperson and quality champion for the project, in relationship with the development team and all external partners.
How you can have an impact in your position:
- Define the project’s QA strategy
- Build the QA team & lead it through direct mentorship
- Be the gatekeeper for QA processes and standards
- Lead the qualitative feedback process from a QA perspective, gathering feedback from the entire team and analyzing the results together with the dev team to extract actionable items
- Perform design testing reviews to ensure that design is captured and to identify bugs and usability concerns before they make it into the game
- Integrate and represent the QA team within the development team
- Help maintain a good functionality of the game systems by developing an intimate understanding of them and their associated requirements
- Establish and follow-up on quality goals, focused on risk management, quality checks, and project KPIs
We are looking for someone that has:
- Passion for video games
- Clear, effective communication across teams and cultures
- An agile, quality-oriented mindset
- 7+ years of experience in the game industry working in a QA or related role
- 3+ years of experience leading/managing a team
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and tools, video game testing standards, and the video game development cycle
- Project Management knowledge (Project planning, prioritization, partner management, risk management)
- Passion for leadership and mentoring
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
It will be great if that someone also has experience with:
- Open-world and multiplayer games
- PC and Console games
- Automated testing
- The full test cycle of a game, through alpha, beta, launch, and maintenance
- Knowledge of SDLC, STLC and Agile development
- Test and issue management tools (JIRA, Testrail, etc.)
We are a Scandinavian company and follow Scandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Bucharest studio is a professional working environment with international work culture , currently focusing on Q uality A ssurance, with plans in place to expand to other areas of game development over time.
Working at Funcom Bucharest offers a flexible working schedule, flexible benefits you can choose from, well-being programs, and a lot o f fun social events where you can interact with your colleagues . Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family of kind, skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games! You will work in a nice and cozy and central location, with a lot of facilities (proximity to the metro and restaurants) .
We have a dynamic, inclusive, challenging, and engaging work culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.