This job might no longer be available.
QA Project Manager
Vancouver, British Columbia
3 months ago
QA Project Manager in Development Technology & Services
QA Project Managers are the owners for a product or major service/feature. They are accountable for the end-to-end quality . This entails scoping strategizing for all aspects of the QA business on the project, performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities.
What the QA Project Manager Will Achieve at EA:
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanism, management methodologies, and communication of processes and knowledge to internal and external teams
- Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan; defining a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy.
- Formulate strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors and all development partners.
- Improve efficiency/effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, career management of staff, and development of new test tools.
- Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
Does This Describe You?
- Multiple years of managerial experience with some of those managing leads or managers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
- Previous experience working in a distributed development or QA environment and managing external teams.
- Previous experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope varied sizes and length of a project.
- Professional management training (PMP, PMI, MBA) a nice to have but not required.
- Understanding of server infrastructure, micro-transactions and testing methodologies would be ideal.