This job might no longer be available.
Software Quality Assurance Project Manager
Orlando Florida United States
6 months ago
QA Project Manager
The QA Project Manager (QAPM) and team are accountable for defining and delivering the QA project planning, requirements and deliverables for multiple EA titles. You will collaborate with partner program managers to establish schedules, establish budgets and ensure the creation of test coverage and project metrics. A QA PM will help develop essential knowledge transfer and the process with our game teams. They will work embedded within the Development organization or on a central/shared group, improve of the QA practice across EA and knowledge share across the organization, have a Quality mindset from a consumer perspective, and be an advocate and in game design and implementation decisions.
QA Project Managers must have both a solid project management background and a passion for people management and development. Most of your time will be focused on ensuring that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget while maintaining EA’s high standard of quality. Additionally, you will focus on improving the operational effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new QA strategies. You will work on department level programs and operational efficiency plans.
You will also spend time managing a direct staff of project leaders and mentoring/supporting junior level leadership within the department. Monitoring performance and delivering measurable feedback to direct reports is an essential function of this role. Embrace the challenge of mentoring and supporting a team of direct reports, and contributing to the development of their careers. Help build a culture of collaboration. Establishing working relationships within the QA department, the QA project team and the outside partners are important to be a success in this role.
- Manage a development team which generally consists of Project Leads, QA Designers, and Analysts.
- Work with Madden feature development teams with to lock down requirements and specifications.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide management escalation, and balance the project needs versus technical constraints
- Guide partner engagement.
- Identify task-related processes to improve efficiency
- Focus on immediate team and identify team issues and suggests solutions related to execution goals.
- Ensure each projects setup meets the specifications
- Provide regular status reporting and capacity plan updates.
- Track and implement project improvement plans to create team efficiency.
- Lead engagement practices: Ensure all workflow is clearly defined, processes are documented, and staff trained in expectations on the workflow.
- Mentor individual contributors within project team
- Ensure all have professional development plans. Conduct regular one-on-ones.
What skills does EA look for?
A QA Project Manager will have at a minimum: 3 years of experience in a software development environment, 2 years Project Management or Project Lead experience, and 1 or more years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in any number of related fields including Computer Science, Game Development or Business. A Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of production life cycle, tools and programs planning.
- Experience in a Scrum / Agile software development environment.
- Experience working with broad diverse teams.
- Automated testing experience required
- Experience with our sports titles (Madden) is a plus.