This job might no longer be available.
QA Programmer [Game Security] (f/m/d)
Düsseldorf NRW de
6 months ago
- As a QA Programmer in the Game Security team, you will promote and enhance the quality of the anti-cheat solution versions.
The daily life of a QA Programmer
The main and routine tasks of the QA Programmer are to:
- Develop and maintain automated tests and validation tools so as to increase the reliability of the anti-cheat solution and the games built with it;
- Implement and integrate the tools and tests developed during version creation (build process) in collaboration with the programmers;
- Document the test procedures so that team members know the procedures and how to use the tools;
- Promote the implemented procedures and verify that they are being followed by those working on the development pipeline;
- Carry out the tests on the versions under different network conditions;
- Generate statistics by recording reliability measurements;
- Develop applications to support the quality assurance tasks (build systems, interactions with the version control system and the bug database);
- Develop applications to automate the tests (external game tools);
- Create applications to automate bug detection and to notify the right people;
- Analyze the bugs in order to find the general cause;
- Support the teams of programmers in order to correct the bugs;
- Interact with the teams of programmers to foster the maintenance of a high-quality code, best practices, the implementation of standards, and the creation of guidelines;
- Interact with QA teams to foster tools and code sharing, promote available tools, and create synergies;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
What it takes to make it
- Knowledge of the C++ programming language and Visual Studio. Must be comfortable with reading and writing C++ code;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in quality assurance in a computer company, ideally in the video game industry or equivalent;
- Bachelor’s in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- A solid understanding of QA methodologies, processes, and tools
- Knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git) and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira),
- Analytical ability;
- Organizational skills;
- A highly collaborative, empathetic, creative, and innovative spirit;
- Attention to detail.
- Relocation Support: We offer financial support in form of a cash allowance and assistance with accommodation search and settle-in support via our relocation partner, for international candidates we offer visa assistance.
- 26 days paid vacation per year. Additionally, you will get half a day off on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and approximately 11 bank holidays in the NRW region.
- Flexible Working Hours: We have core working times between 10:00 AM – 04:00 PM and the distribution of the other hours is up to you.
- Company Pension Scheme. We offer an attractive scheme through salary sacrificing in which the employer also matches contributions
- Up to 350€ childcare support per child per month. In addition, we also offer 5 ‘care for ill children days’ per child per year.
- Discounted Games. We regularly order Ubisoft Games for super cheap prices for our employees.
- Gym Subsidy. We contribute 50% (up to a maximum amount of 25€) towards the monthly cost of a gym membership of your choice.
- Lunch & Breakfast Service. Enjoy fresh discounted meals each day.
- Monthly Mobility Budget. 80€ per month that can be used on bicycle lease, parking spot rental or public transportation ticket.
- Our Ubisoft Blue Byte Academy offers multiple opportunities for you to discover your full potential and develop yourself in various areas.
- English and German classes for free. Main language in the studio is English.
- Free fresh Fruit, Coffee, Tea and Water. Enjoy fresh fruit and beverages in our office.
If you are passionate about games and would like to work in the games industry, please apply via our career portal.
Applications should include the earliest starting date and your salary expectation.
For further information please check ubisoft.com.
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, "James Cameron's Avatar", "Beyond Good and Evil 2", "Far Cry", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.