13 days ago
The QA manager is responsible for planning and directing the work of a group of individuals.
What you’ll be doing
- Determine resource requirements to support current and forecast future QA needs.
- Evaluate milestones and ensure that testing is carried out at the scheduled time and duration for each title.
- Manage the review of comprehensive test plans and evaluate bug write-ups and reports
- Provide constant feedback to your team which includes appraisals and discipline.
- Manage and execute Mobile and Web client projects.
- Ensure the information on client business, product knowledge, scripts, etc. are received from the client.
- Supervise daily client deliverables and the revenue achievable.
- Direct, execute, and deliver assigned projects effectively.
- Communicate project related updates cohesively to the client.
- Ensure the team performs to their best on every project.
- Coaching the assistant leads and senior testers.
- Take ownership of tasks and lead the team well across projects.
- Conflict and Issue management
- Establishing course of action for self and others to achieve goals effectively in a timely manner.
- Facilitating individual performance so that project objectives can be met.
- Send utilization, resource allocation, and verify billing hours with timesheets.
- Ensure monthly billing details of each project is sent to the accounts department.
- Recommend training needs for low performers and evaluate their improvement post training.
What we’re looking for
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Management experience of around 7-12yrs and ideally you will have hands-on technical experience which would include basic networking principles, Mobile apps and SDK (Android and iOS), Console testing experience is a plus.
- Previous experience within the games industry and managed a sizeable team of more than 20 employees.
- Comfortable to travel to Shanghai on regular basis if needed.
- Bilingual in both Chinese and English languages (written and verbal) as this role is required to deal with Mandarin-speaking associates
- Able to liaise effectively with a multi-disciplinary team across various locations.
- Attention to detail and clarity of thought.
- Applicants must be self-motivated, responsible, and versatile.
- A passion for gaming and expertise in playing games in various game genres, both online and offline is essential.