8 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is in the business of creating fun games we want to play and building the art and tools we need to bring those games to life. We provide our engine technology to developers around the world and consistently strive to stay on the cutting edge of our industry. We iterate to improve everything, every day: our games, our technology, our processes, even our workspaces and people. This unrelenting focus on innovation and quality defines us.
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
As a QA Manager on Unreal Engine, you will own the people management, process, and risk management of your specific team. Additional responsibilities will range from building test strategies, defect management, driving organizational change, and mapping out QA hiring priorities and staffing plans. The position requires being a leader in QA, as both a people manager and someone who isn’t afraid to dig into the details of problems and find innovative solutions at scale. If you are comfortable in a fast paced environment and have the desire to lead a strong test-focused team, then we would like to talk to you.
In this role, you will
- Partner with developers and production to build sustainable testing solutions that likely include a mix of manual efforts, tooling, and automation.
- Lead the team in their use of data to develop proper risk assessment profiles while identifying major risks in a fast paced environment
- Develop major testing initiatives using a combination of process, people, and effective testing methodologies
- Move the team to a “shift-left” mentality with a focus on developing automation and tooling.
- Provide guidance and mentorship in the development of both hard and soft skills
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Capability to lead a QA team both as a people manager and tactical driver of success
- Formal QA certification, such as ISTQB or equivalent experience
- Experience in both software and games development
- Experience in reviewing requirements and code review to assist in creating test plans with automation in mind
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Technical background - an ability to contribute in day-to-day efforts when needed.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 or 5, or other Game Engines
- Experience with C# (preferred) or other programming languages
Washington Base Pay Range
$111,900 — $183,600 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.