5 days ago
Blackbird Interactive is looking for a strong Quality Assurance Manager to own all aspects of quality on a major multi-platform project from pre-production to full-production and release. You will work closely with all project stakeholders to understand what they will be delivering and when, while defining and implementing strategies to ensure that the project receives appropriate test coverage throughout the schedule. You have strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and manage individuals, as well as the ability to understand and discuss the project on both a macro level and a micro level.
- Builds a tight working relationship with Production, Design, Development, and QA staff on their project
- Defines the overall Test Plan and Test Schedule
- Provides coaching, mentoring and opportunities for growth for the QA staff on their project
- Defines strategies to ensure that the game is high quality, and implements tactics to make it happen
- Identifies project issues and works to solve them before they become risks.
- Acts as an advocate for QA, QA processes, and QA staff
- Adjusts testing priority, urgency, tactics and timing in response to changing development schedule, design, priorities, and dependencies
- Drives the team to successfully achieve all targeted QA KPIs.
- Contributes to the development of new processes/workflows, and/or adjustment of existing processes and ensures that they are documented
- Writing, reviewing, triaging and prioritizing bugs for their project
- May be required to run manual, and/or automated tests
- Works with the Production and Leads team to drive software quality
- 5+ years experience in a QA Lead role or equivalent
- Communicates effectively both verbally, and in written form
- Expertise in Quality Assurance processes, and how to implement them properly
- Understands the key practices of the agile development process
- A high level of expertise on the dependencies and relationships between the various components that make up a video game.
- Expertise with various types of tests, and how to run them, as well as how to organize the tests to maximize coverage while being efficient
- Fluent in the use of general office related software: email, instant messaging, spreadsheets, etc.
- Expertise in using test automation
- Expertise in the usage of bug database software such as Jira
- Expertise in the usage of test case tracking software such as TestRail
- Experience working with the agile development process
- Experience leading large and complex projects, working with multiple partners at multiple locations.
- Expertise in using data to drive test coverage
- Expertise in the usage of task tracking software, such as Azure Dev Ops.
- Experience in mobile development.
At Blackbird, we're all about being true to our roots. We started small in our CEO's garage, and even though we're expanding, our desire is to stick to that foundation of creativity, community, and collaboration. Our team has proved that great ideas can come from any position in any discipline, so it's important to us to make sure every voice is heard.
Work/life balance is extremely important to us, and we've demonstrated that over the years by severely limiting over-time requirements. We want people to be happy about coming to work every day, and to that end we offer lots of opportunities for growth and development; whether it's lunch and learns, team events, or our generous vacation days, paid holiday closure and flexible schedules. We also try to provide every opportunity possible for our employees to spearhead R&D initiatives through our BlackOps program. In short, don't expect to feel like a cog in a machine working for BBI.
Due to COVID-19, applicants must be eligible to work in Canada, or currently in Canada on a work permit/visa. With the exception of specifically on-site roles, all roles will commence as a work-from-home arrangement. This arrangement will be revisited as COVID-19 government regulations are eased.
Please send a cover letter with your resume and application. If applying for an artistic role, please provide a link to your portfolio and/or demo reel.
If you are interested in the role, please apply even if your experience and skills don’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. As an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. BBI does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.