This job might no longer be available.
QA Manager - Sledgehammer Games
Melbourne Victoria VIC 3000 Australia
4 days ago
Job Title:QA Manager - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty ® : Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty ® : WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a QA Manager at Sledgehammer, you will direct a team of highly-trained QA analysts in an embedded QA, Agile development environment. You will create, manage, and monitor the tasks for your team, communicating status to all relevant stakeholders. You will partner with development leadership daily, proactively defining and prioritizing work to support your project. You will regularly interface face-to-face with Designers, Artists, Programmers, and more to comprehensively understand the game development requirements of the project, and how to design your QA project plan effectively. You will oversee the communication and cooperation between your QA team and development partners, the creation of QA project plans and test plans, and continuous development to improve your team. You will ensure consistent knowledge-sharing, learning, documentation, as well as improving tools and processes as necessary for your team to excel. You will also frequently be called upon to troubleshoot and adapt to solve problems in dynamic, high-energy situations. This is a full-time position that collaborates with development at all levels, providing ample opportunity not only to benefit your QA team, but also grow into other prospects within Sledgehammer Games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Daily leadership and development of a small, embedded QA team for end-to-end QA on AAA game titles.
- Actively assess and communicate the needs or progress of development partners, and how they relate to the QA team’s priorities and tasks.
- Actively develop and revise QA project and test plans, tracking work, risk management, and QA strategies and process.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of training, testing tools, plans, and supporting documentation.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with QA Leadership, multiple interdisciplinary teams, departments, studio stakeholders and studio partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in software development.
- 5+ years supporting software development teams in a leadership role.
- At least 2 released game titles in leadership role within QA.
- Confident familiarity with software project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Confident familiarity with project management software (e.g. Jira, Hansoft).
- Experience leading team projects with milestone deliverable tracking, status reports, and signoffs.
- Experience with game and software development tools (e.g. Maya, C++, Radiant, Unreal, Perforce, etc.).
- Experience with multiple platform development projects (e.g. PC, Playstation, XBOX, etc.).
- Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends.
- Master’s degree or greater
- Software Project Management certifications (e.g. Agile Certified Scrum Master).
- 3+ released game titles in a leadership role within QA.
- Intimate knowledge of Call of Duty or other First-Person Shooter titles.
- Experience with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python.
- Experience with Game Development Discipline software such as Maya, Houdini, Unreal, Radiant, or other development or mod tools.
- Experience with First Party Submission standards (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, etc.).
- Experience with network or server testing, test automation and tools, Live Services or Content Submission process.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.