QA Manager, Merge Mansion
10 days ago
Are you a proactive QA professional up for ensuring world-class game development at Metacore? Ready to join one of Europe's fastest growing game companies?
If yes, Metacore could be the right place for you
We are a Helsinki-based game company best known for our hit game Merge Mansion and our people-first company culture. Built on trust, our culture allows us to work autonomously, efficiently, and ambitiously. We have mutually agreed on five cultural norms to describe how we build trust and work as Metacore – you can find them here.
Our company’s mission is to entertain hundreds of millions of people for decades. Although we already entertain 40,000,000+ players worldwide, and have grown into a team of 120+ game industry professionals in less than two years, we’re only getting started. That’s where we hope you come in: to take full ownership of the quality of Merge Mansion, and guarantee the world-class production quality of every release – before, during and after them.
- Location: Helsinki, Finland
- Relocation: Relocating to Finland expected, full support provided
- Remote work: Hybrid model of office and remote work
- Start date: Flexible, ideally as soon as possible
- Working language: English
QA Manager plays a key role in defining and implementing the best QA processes and methods for Merge Mansion at Metacore to help guarantee world-class production quality of our releases. In practice, this means (at least) the following:
- Taking full ownership of the quality of Merge Mansion from day to day activities to long term strategy
- Supervisor for QA Specialist working in Merge Mansion teams
- Planning, defining and implementing ways of working that will improve the quality of the game now and in the future
- Inventing and improving non-invasive processes & tools to increase our game development quality and efficiency
- Helping the game development team in general, whenever it comes down to quality—from daily testing to tech stack evaluations
- Direct our external quality & testing partners working on your game, and find cooperation models that optimally match the development cycle of the development team
Every role is eventually shaped to match our unique passions, backgrounds and strengths. Here are some of the key skills and experience you should already have when joining Metacore as a QA Manager:
- Previous quality assurance and process development experience within the game industry or other fast paced agile environments
- Knowhow of QA in game or software testing—from methods, workflows and procedures to hands-on usability and performance testing
- Ability to measure QA and communicate its different aspects to the development team
- Strong overall understanding of modern software development processes and ways to improve quality in their different phases
- Some technical understanding of CI/CD pipelines, automation tools and test frameworks
- Systems thinking with a hands-on attitude—you understand the big picture and quality goals but enjoy the practical side of it too
- Problem solver with a knack for simplifying and resolving issues while maintaining a service-minded attitude and a collaborative communication style
Sounds about right? Then let’s talk!
Our company is formed by great teams and individuals. Together, we work rather as Metacore than for Metacore – aiming for the same goal of entertaining our audience with world-class mobile games. As Metacore, we’re much more than the sum of our skills, experiences and knowledge.
Metacore is the game company where players are the closest thing to a boss. In other words, our teams and individuals enjoy a lot of freedom and responsibility in their work. Everyone can find the optimal way for reaching their goals – as long as it respects our company culture.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.