QA Localization Tester - Portuguese
8 days ago
BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
Here at 2K our Localization Team tests video game titles on various consoles, PC’s and handhelds to ensure flawless game play by thoroughly checking the software for errors and entering them into the testing database. Localize and translate games into Brazilian Portuguese. Reports to the Lead and/or QA Manager.
- Identify and report mismatches in strings/text
- Provide the correct translation, and where applicable fix directly via text database
- Provide context for foreign language defects
- Complete daily smoke tests in a timely manner
- Quickly run through the whole game to check the stability of a build
- Identify defects, follow test plans, and verify fixes
- Enter clear and concise bugs into bug tracking database
- Test fixes for programmers and designers
- Reproduce issues for programmers and designers
- Assist the Marketing department by taking screenshots and video capturing
- Available to work overtime and weekends when necessary
- Work closely with other QA team members
- Able to work under pressure and changing demands
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be a positive role model, in terms of both work performance and attitude
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be fluent, reading/writing, in the following language: Brazilian Portuguese
- 0-2 years of QA experience (any localization experience highly regarded)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, specifically Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook and databases
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age of 18 years and above
- Passion for video games
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Reliable with the ability to work in a team environment
- Attention to detail and positive personality
- Testing experience with multiple games on multiple platforms
- Bug tracking software experience
- Test Track Pro experience
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs. assisted or unassisted
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.