11 days ago
Manage and mentor for test teams across multiple projects you will use your deep understanding of development and test best practices combined with first class leadership skills to promote approaches which ensure quality across our teams, products and services.
- Ensure all projects are shipped on time with maximum quality and minimal bugs
- Provide high direction for multiple test teams delivering a clear and consistent vision for functionality, embedded, play testing and test engineering groups
- Develop a roadmap for building needed test expertise. Work with Production, HR and Project Leads to ensure recruitment needs are clear and fulfilled at all times
- Build and foster links other studios and partners to ensure necessary relationships and support are in place
- Use and drive metrics to facilitate decision making at all levels
- Mentor your reports to ensure their growth as individuals and fulfillment of their potential as well as acting clearly to identify areas where support is needed
- Champion best practices for testing, testing processes and testing tools to ensure our teams are working as efficiently and effectively as possible
- Facilitate knowledge sharing between test teams and develop relevant training programs.
The candidate must have:
- At least 8 years’ experience in test roles in total
- With a minimum of 5 years’ experience and 2 shipped titles from start to finish in a leadership role working alongside development teams
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with an ability to inspire others
- Familiarity managing multiple on site and external test teams
- Proven experience hiring, training and mentoring other senior team members to build a strong team around them
- X360/PS4 console experience, PC and other platforms are a bonus
Should also possess some of the following:
- Shipped multiplayer games and able to show a strong understanding of networking concepts and relevant testing requirements and tools
- Experience using test automation systems (either off the shelf or custom) and involvement in helping define usage and drive adoption
- Understanding of SCRUM/Agile and history structuring test teams to support these methodologies
- Use of BI/Analytics in game development and relevance to testing and test coverage
- Experience with Web Testing, Payment Providers and systems and Browser compatibility
- Understanding of technical and performance requirements of PC and console titles with experience creating strategies to understand and react to these
- Play testing and Usability testing experience including methods for capturing actionable data
- Administration experience of JIRA bug tracking databases including setup of workflows relevant for their teams
- Use of Test Case Management software
- Experience supporting online services with related release cycles, interactions with CS/GM teams, etc.
- Familiarity with certification and submissions requirements for Sony/Microsoft and working directly with First Party groups on submissions and product management
- Experience working closely with build and release teams including use of version control systems
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes
Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery.
At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create experiences and brands people will fall in love with.
Ubisoft Singapore opened its doors on July 2008 as Ubisoft’s 18th internal development studio. Located in Solaris (a state-of-the-art Infocomm Technology and Media hub), Ubisoft Singapore is recognized today as one of Asia’s premier game development studios. It now employs a multi-national team of 300 highly talented employees that comprise of a core team of Ubisoft veterans as well as a fast growing development team ranging from recent graduates to industry professionals. We aspire on being one of the top best places to work for in SEA.
Ubisoft Singapore pioneered the development of naval battle gameplay and water technology – elements first introduced in Assassin’s Creed III and Assassin’s Creed IV® Black Flag™ which have since become a staple feature in the Assassin’s Creed® franchise. Ubisoft Singapore is currently hard at work as the lead studio for an unannounced project on console and PC.
To learn more about Ubisoft Singapore, please visit www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/singapore.aspx.