13 days ago
We are looking for ambitious and highly skilled people who share our passion for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the challenge of being part of a small but experienced and ambitious team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, have a can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile. For those up to the challenge, it's going to be a thrilling ride.
As the QA Lead, you’ll join our international and fully remote development team, working side by side with programmers, designers, artists, and producers to build the next generation of cross-platform AAA games. You’ll be responsible for testing all aspects of our game and ensuring that it meets both the functional requirements required by our partners and the level of quality that we strive to achieve with all of our products.
You’ll be expected to participate in design meetings with engineers, designers, and other developers to actively identify ways to reduce testing complexity and give early feedback on new systems and features to improve our ability to deliver a quality product to our players. You’ll then be responsible for developing the test plans and ensuring that they are executed for each and every feature of the game.
Lastly, you’ll be working with the Senior Director of Operations and the rest of the operations and production teams to ensure we have adequate time to test our games before every major release or milestone.
- Working with the entire development team, develop a test strategy and implement test plans and other test materials and documentation
- Participate in design and cross discipline meetings to ensure QA priorities are taken into account with each feature or system
- Perform ad hoc exploratory testing along with detailed testing based on documented test plans
- Proactively guide QA prioritization efforts based on recent checkins, fixes and changes to the product
- Regress bugs as they are completed by the development team
- Setup and maintain regular QA processes that ensure the builds are tested at minimum daily and any blocking issues are flagged immediately
- Maintain knowledge of the product's development and scheduling changes to support QA effectiveness, focus, and communication
- Represent QA in cross department meetings
- Work with the Operations and Production teams to ensure that there is enough time scheduled for testing prior to any release or milestone.
- Take the initiative to identify, prioritize, call-out, and suggest solutions to problems both big and small
- Proactively make process improvements project wide, identify patterns and new solutions
- Share your thoughts about how to level up the QA discipline across the company to make the company a better place to work, improve the development process, and help deliver amazing shared gaming moments to players.better games
- 3+ years of QA experience
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- Professional demeanor with a team-focused attitude & positive mentorship style
- Proficiency with Jira, Confluence, Google Workspace, TestRail and/or other relevant test case management tools
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of testing processes and procedures
- Ability to learn quickly and apply that new knowledge immediately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience testing games on cross platform titles
- Experience testing games in all phases of a development lifecycle
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Experience going through certification with 1st party console publishers
- Experience working on console development kits
- Experience working in cross discipline game teams
- Experience testing on a free to play game
- Experience working in a remote environment
- In depth understanding of game developer workflows
- Any level C++, Python, or similar programming experience
- Bilingual in Spanish, Portuguese or other languages