15 days ago
Greetings from The Bunker! Secret Mode is the publishing wing of the award-winning Sumo Group Ltd. Our goal is to publish internally developed projects from any of our 14 game development studios across the UK, US, Europe and India, as well as third party independent game developers.
Now is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing team early on in Secret Mode’s journey. If you have a strong passion for video games and want to help us build the best games publisher in the business, please reach out to us. We’d love to have a chat!
As an integral part of Secret Modes new QA team, you’ll be responsible for testing games from external development partners and ensuring these meet 1st party requirements across various platforms including Microsoft, Sony & Nintendo. As you will be leading a team of QA testers you will need to have strong leadership and communication skills as well as experience of at least two years in a similar role.
If you are successful in your application you will work alongside QA Leadership at Secret Mode to assess compliance requirements, you will help to develop and maintain specific test plans and produce detailed bug reports where requirements are not being met.
This opportunity will primarily be a studio-based role with remote working options.
In your new role you will:
- Develop and maintain test plans focused on functional coverage of game systems
- Collate and formulate qualitative feedback to improve game experience
- Assist QA Management define and build QA processes
- Develop QA skills across the broader QA team, providing personal support, mentoring and professional development for testers
- Produce and maintain clear reports for external development partners and be a point of contact for assigned projects
- Test and report against product milestone requirements
- Perform QA related support tasks for external development teams
- Become a knowledge holder for game quality of each product
- Aid testing processes across a variety of target platforms
- Assist in the transition of games, updates and services across multiple environments through to live release
- Check and ensure games adhere to all 1st party certification requirements
To be successful you will have:
- A proven track record of at least 4+ years with games or software QA testing with at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated, identifies problems in advance and presents innovative test approaches
- A detailed understanding of database and bug-tracking software (Azure DevOps, JIRA, etc.)
- Familiarity with multiple gaming platforms and genres
- A very high degree of flexibility and organisational skills
- Experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
It would be an advantage if you have:
- Experience with compliance testing across all platforms (Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity of working alongside external QA teams
- PC compliance knowledge
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
We are Secret Mode.
Quality drives us.
Fun informs us.
Community is our reason for being.
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do.
To delight and inspire is our goal.
Secret Mode is managed by a small group of industry veterans and a team of experienced and newcomers to the industry alike. We’re looking for diverse, creative, driven people who share our passion for all things video games, no matter their background.
As part of the Sumo family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. We’re based in Royal Leamington Spa but are flexible on work-from-home options.
Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we publish. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other. We have taken the #RaiseTheGame pledge to fully dedicate ourselves to inclusivity in our hiring and working processes and already have aligned ourselves with amazing initiatives and charity organisations to make a difference in the industry we all love.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.