2 months ago
Greetings from The Bunker! Secret Mode is the newly founded publishing wing of the award-winning Sumo Group Plc. Our goal is to publish internally developed projects from any of our 11 game development studios across the UK, US, Europe and India, as well as third party independent game developers.
Now is an exciting time to get in at the beginning of Secret Mode’s adventure. If you have a strong passion for video games and want to help us build the best games publisher in the business, please reach out to us. We’d love to have a chat!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate QA Lead who will ensure our games maintain the highest level of quality. As a QA Lead, you will plan QA deliverables and be an advocate of QA throughout the organisation, as well as Liaising with external testing teams at our publishing partners.
This opportunity is available for remote workers within the UK, as well as people looking for a studio based role.
In your new role you will:
- Plan QA deliverables and ensure coverage for all testing requests from all areas of development
- Define the testing processes to ensure fast and accurate qualitative and functional testing
- Provide personal support, mentoring, and professional development for testers
- Assist the recruitment team to recruit additional QA testers
- Review capacity of the team relating to the scope of the project
- Sign off on releases for production milestones
- Be a point of contact for all QA-related communication
- Take part in project leadership meetings and chair daily QA SCRUMs
- Be an advocate of QA throughout the organisation
- Liaise with external testing teams at our publishing partners
To be successful you will have:
- 5+ years’ experience within games dev/embedded testing, at least 2 of which in a senior or lead capacity
- Experience in shipping 2+ games on consoles, at least one of which in a lead or senior capacity
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A very high degree of flexibility and organisational skills
- A passion for games and their development
It would be an advantage if you have:
- An understanding of MS Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Current knowledge of platform specific certification requirements
- Experience using commercial game engines
- Experience using Perforce VCS
What We Offer:
· Annual bonus scheme
· Electric car scheme
· Share incentive plan
· Competitive pension
· Flexible and remote working
· Dynamic friendly and inclusive working environment
· Virtual and in person social events, including launch parties, away days and Christmas events
· 27 days annual leave, including your birthday, a duvet day and Christmas shutdown
· 5 learning days
· Access to 4,000 Udemy courses and the GDC Vault
· Employee referral bonus
· Mentoring and career development, with clear progression plans
· Competitive mat/paternity & adoption leave
· Employee assistance program
· Life assurance of 4x salary
· Income protection of 75%
· A comprehensive and flexible benefit package
· Social Events and Celebrations with the wider Sumo Group
We are Secret Mode.
Quality drives us.
Fun informs us.
Community is our reason for being.
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do.
To delight and inspire is our goal.
Secret Mode is managed by a small group of industry veterans and a team of experienced and newcomers to the industry alike. We’re looking for diverse, creative, driven people who share our passion for all things video games, no matter their background.
As part of the Sumo family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. We’re based in Royal Leamington Spa but are flexible on work-from-home options.
Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we publish. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other. We have taken the #RaiseTheGame pledge to fully dedicate ourselves to inclusivity in our hiring and working processes and already have aligned ourselves with amazing initiatives and charity organisations to make a difference in the industry we all love.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.