9 days ago
Psyonix is a video game developer best known for Rocket League, the award-winning game that combines soccer, driving, and highly competitive gameplay. As part of the Epic Games family, we are an industry-leading game studio rooted in a crunch-free philosophy that emphasizes an amazing employee experience, located in the heart of San Diego. For nearly 20 years, we have been a driving force behind some of the most successful games in the industry, including Gears of War, Mass Effect 3, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Bulletstorm, Unreal Tournament III and Unreal Tournament 2004.
What makes us Epic?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating. Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Lead Dev QA Tester to manage direct reports as well as write and execute test plans and arrange compliance testing to ensure the product meets performance standards and requirements. You will use independent judgment to help define procedures and support the achievement of long-term outcomes of the team. In this role, you will interact with department leads and peers and share information amongst the team and other departments. Our ideal candidate has experience overseeing a team and is detail oriented, dedicated and passionate about games.
In This Role You Will
- Help create the test plan and test cases to verify the functionality and usability of PC and console applications throughout various development phases
- Direct internal testers in daily and weekly tasks
- Track ongoing project status and create weekly reports
- Assist in triaging bugs from the database
- Detect, research and report potential and verified issues
- Verify fixes are implemented correctly throughout the product cycle in both consumer and development environment
- Utilize established defect reporting formats and tracking systems
- Assist in onboarding and training of new team members
- Work side-by-side with development teams to ensure the title is achieving planned milestones
- Use bug tracking software to record bugs and specific test results
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 5 years of game testing experience, at least 2 years in people management
- At least 2 years of experience managing internal and external teams
- Working knowledge of: QA methodologies, terminology, and tools; multiple console and PC hardware platforms and configurations
- Experience working in a fast paced environment that requires frequent shifts in areas of focus
- Good understanding of, and experience with, modern PCs and consoles and associated software
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow directions, remain focused and clearly communicate detailed information
- Strong written and verbal communication, implementation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization, time management and analytical skills
- Must be able to learn, comprehend and apply new concepts, techniques and procedures quickly
- Able to work independently or in small teams effectively
- Passion for gaming is a must
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience with network testing and client/server interaction
- Experience working in a LiveOps environment
- Familiarity with Jira a plus
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay for 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. We offer coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, AD&D and Life Insurance, 401k.
All Epic employees enjoy drinks, snacks, and lunches every day, free of charge - and we offer plenty of annual celebrations for employees and family members to show the love we have for our people. Additionally, each year, we celebrate the Epic family with company-wide paid breaks, generous paid time off, and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical - we think our people are pretty awesome!
Like what you hear? Come be part of something Epic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.