QA Manager - Unreal Engine
17 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QA at Epic
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given feature, function or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with developers. We are actively looking to staff teams across web development, the Unreal Engine, tools creation, backend services, games, and our release process, as well as specialized teams working on specific platforms such as mobile or XR.If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What You’ll Do:
As part of the Unreal Engine Team you’ll be working on the world’s most open and advanced real-time 3D creation tool that gives creators the freedom and control to deliver cutting-edge entertainment, compelling visualizations, and immersive virtual worlds. You will own the quality direction for your team and lead efforts to improve our quality metrics, practices, and tooling with an emphasis on scalability and sustainability. Whether it’s leading a highly technical testing effort, partnering with engineers to create better tooling, or mentoring Quality Assurance folks, at Epic you’ll have an opportunity to make an impact on Unreal Engine and its users..
In this Role you will:
- Work directly with Production and Development to track features in development and direct test plans for those features
- Develop and iterate on quality strategies that encompass staffing, technical requirements, product space, and involvement throughout the development lifecycle.
- Audit testing approaches, provide detailed recommendations for improvement, and address tactical gaps
- Identify risks to the quality of testing in the product, process, and people and then develop and execute on solving those challenges through internal and external resources
- Participate in review of designs, features, requirements, test plans, test cases, test scripts, and code.
- Maintain and innovate our testing workforce including understanding coverage, practices, and communication of testing
- Evaluate, nurture, and grow the skills and the usage of our Quality Assurance staff, (Analysts, Engineers, Test Team)
- Act as a leader within UE to push the boundaries of what technical testing looks like
- 6+ years of Quality Assurance experience with at least 4 of those being in leadership roles
- Ability to learn, comprehend, and apply new concepts, techniques, and procedures in a fast paced environment
- Passion for evaluating, influencing, and improving quality tooling for both white and black box use
- Experience creating and driving innovative quality processes and best practices with a focus on technical solutions
- Solid understanding of test methodologies including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistent iterative development
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.)
- Experience with one or more game engines
- Experience in managing and mentoring Quality Assurance professionals
- Programming/Scripting experience is a plus
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.