16 days ago
HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf. We have an opportunity for a QA Lead to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a QA Lead, you will own the end-to-end quality of the entire product while building, organizing, and managing high-performing teams, with high energy, dedication, and a passion for technology.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Production and collaborate across departments to ensure all projects are shipped on time with maximum quality and minimal defects.
- Manage all aspects of the QA team on a daily basis, including planning, assigning, and evaluating work for all QA Testers.
- Partner with stakeholders to manage scope and quality and proactively assess, escalate, and mitigate risk during all stages of production.
- Manage all aspects of external QA support, including recruitment, scheduling, budgetary planning, and communication.
- Utilize comprehensive understanding of functional, compliance and localization testing, in addition to experience with console tools to ensure there is adequate testing coverage across all areas through each phase of the development cycle.
- Improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the quality verification strategy by understanding current practices and introducing new strategies.
- Create or guide the creation of automation scripts to test products in collaboration with the project’s Technical Lead.
- Build and maintain automation farm and automation script execution.
- Create and manage comprehensive test-plans for each project.
- Utilize bug tracking tools to analyse and understand key metrics to inform stakeholders and facilitate decision making at all levels.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external partners/stakeholders.
- Facilitate internal training while coaching and managing your direct reports, providing clear objectives to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Manage hardware and software requirements for QA within each project.
- Archive Milestone and Submission material for each project.
- Develop a roadmap for building required test expertise where necessary.
- Work with Production, HR, and Leads to ensure resourcing needs are met.
- Manage the QA space (documentation) on Confluence to ensure information remains current and accurate.
- Ensure that projects are released to market free of material defects
- Maintain positive relationships with both internal and external clients
- Adhere to budgetary and time constraints
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of QA Testing experience
- Minimum 2 release game titles within QA
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a Lead or Senior role within the games industry
- Experience testing applications on multiple platforms including (but not restricted to) Console, PC, Mac, Switch, Mobile, VR/AR, Web Based applications, Simulators etc.
- Strong knowledge of basic and advanced QA testing tools, including automation
- Strong knowledge of 1st party requirements and guidelines
- Experience recruiting, training, and maintaining a small team is desired
- Experience creating and managing department budgets is desired
- Experience recruiting and managing external clients is desired