QA Lead - Sledgehammer Games Toronto
6 days ago
Job Title:QA Lead - Sledgehammer Games Toronto
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2nd decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a QA Lead at Sledgehammer, you will direct a team of highly-trained QA analysts in an embedded QA, Agile development environment. You will be responsible for a large project feature and/or support role within QA and oversee the creation, management, and monitoring of the tasks for your team, communicating status to all relevant stakeholders . You will partner with development leadership daily, proactively defining and prioritizing work to support your project. You will regularly interface face-to-face with Designers, Artists, Programmers, Engineers and more to comprehensively understand the game development requirements of the project, and how to design your QA project plan effectively. You will oversee the communication and cooperation between your QA team and development partners, the creation of QA project plans and test plans, and continuous development to improve your team. You will ensure consistent knowledge-sharing, learning, documentation, as well as improving tools and processes as necessary for your team to excel. You will also frequently be called upon to troubleshoot and adapt to solve problems in dynamic, high-energy situations. This is a full-time position that collaborates with development at all levels, providing ample opportunity not only to benefit your QA team, but also grow into other prospects within Sledgehammer Games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Daily leadership and development of an embedded QA team/s for end-to-end QA on AAA game titles.
- Partner with QA and Development Leadership to both drive and manage project QA needs and deliverable across both internal and external development teams
- Proactively assess and communicate the needs or progress of development partners, and how they relate to the QA team’s priorities and tasks.
- Actively develop and revise QA project and test plans, tracking work, risk management, and QA strategies and process.
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of training, testing tools, plans, and supporting documentation.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with QA Leadership, multiple interdisciplinary teams, departments, studio stakeholders and studio partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Game/Software Development or related degree, or corresponding experience in software development.
- Minimum 2 years in a Lead level role or higher within QA.
- 5+ years supporting software development teams in a leadership role.
- At least 2+ released game titles within QA
- Strong familiarity with software project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc.).
- Strong familiarity with project management process and software (e.g. Jira, Hansoft).
- Experience leading team projects with milestone deliverable tracking, status reports, and signoffs.
- Experience planning and managing project work for both internal and external QA teams.
- Experience with game and software development tools (e.g. Maya, C++, Radiant, Unreal, Perforce, etc.).
- Experience with multiple platform development projects (e.g. PC, Playstation, XBOX, etc.).
- Experience with First Party Submission standards (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Apple, etc.).
- Passion for games and demonstrable understanding of game industry and gaming trends.
- Experience with one or more of the following: network or server testing, test automation and tools, Live Services or Content Submission process.
- Master’s degree or greater
- 3+ released game titles in a leadership role within QA.
- Software Project Management certifications (e.g. Project Management Professional, Agile Certified Scrum Master).
- Intimate knowledge of Call of Duty or other First-Person Shooter titles.
- Experience with programming languages such as C++, C#, or Python.
- Experience with Game Development Discipline software such as Maya, Houdini, Unreal, Radiant, or other development or mod tools.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.