QA Lead, Identity
6 days ago
WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Online team at Epic Games is developing an innovative platform which provides tools and services with world-class features and scalability to developers and gamers. We’re making it easier and faster for developers to successfully launch, operate, and scale high-quality games. As a game developer ourselves, we understand how to tackle hard problems and are sharing the fruits of our labor with others in the development community.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a highly technical QA Lead with the responsibility of testing and contributing to automation efforts of our Identity platform, services and websites. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of features, functionality or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with professional and highly technical developers.
In This Role You Will
- Lead and grow a quality assurance team as both a people manager and a tactical driver of success, with the ability to contribute to day-to-day efforts as needed
- Implement a robust quality process by identifying gaps and implementing an effective solution quickly
- Work with product owners, developers and QA management to define and identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming and existing web features
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover Identity platforms features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Coordinate automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across web and service feature sets to analyze quality
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of web software testing experience in a fast- paced environment with the ability to juggle multiple projects and understands the importance of balancing speed and risk
- Past experience testing web based features for frontend and backend services and creating detailed test plans and test cases for them
- Experience using tools such as Charles, Postman, RestAssured and other testing tools to help facilitate troubleshooting and testing, along with strong working knowledge of testing cross platform/browser compatibility (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.) for dynamic web applications
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools to investigate and report on results (Chrome Debug tools, Firebug etc)
- Solid understanding of test methodologies for services, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Strong communication skills and ability to confidently collaborate with senior dev engineers on technical topics and features. Experience also with working with contractors both in leadership and engineers across multiple time zones
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
- Familiarity with Java based REST services
- Games industry experience
- Have worked with common source control and CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, TeamCity/Perforce or comparable systems
- Prior experience with running and designing automated tests
This position is open in Cary, NC.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.