7 days ago
Uken builds games that people everywhere love. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? and Jeopardy! World Tour are the top 2 trivia games, engaging millions of global players every month. In 2020, Uken released Ava’s Manor, a solitaire game where users renovate and decorate the manor while discovering mysterious clues and dabbling in a romantic love story. Uken’s foray into narrative games is an exciting opportunity for the company.
We consider our Ukenites to be data-driven designers, technologists, and artists. Through collaboration, we pair the craft of design with feedback and data to deliver a pace and rhythm in each game session that immerses our audience and engages them for years. We have a quirky, nerdy culture that fosters creativity, collaboration, quality ideas, innovation, and a data-driven mindset. We believe in moving quickly and improving constantly and that mantra is reflected in the weekly updates we make to our games and internal technologies. We have an appetite for pushing technical boundaries but with a focus on practical use.
Uken is looking for a QA Engineer responsible for building robust, scalable, and high-quality test automation solutions and ensuring our testing standards and processes are employed on their game title. This role includes the planning, coordination, review and reporting of automated testing activities as well as exploring best practices that can be shared across teams. This role is an integrated part of the game team working closely with Gameplay Engineers, QA Analysts and Product Managers.
As a Ukenite, you'll be working on meaningful things like : :
- Implementing and maintaining automated processes for testing, isolating and identifying bugs
- Constantly re-evaluating and improving automated processes and test suites
- Reviewing iteration requirements and assisting in the tracking of automated testing
- Communicating findings to Engineers and QA Analysts
- Aligning team and department schedule with game teams
- Researching tools, and incorporating new tools as they become available
Your background should include :
- Solid understanding of QA testing methodologies and tracking systems
- Strong knowledge of C#, Python scripting (expertise in automated testing and tools development is a good asset)
- Proven experience with Unity editor scripting, Unity build management and continuous integration
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate/share information with technical and non-technical team members and forge close relationships with engineers and technical
- Ability to identify underlying issues and determine best course of action for resolution
What's in it for you?
- You’ll be equipped with a high-end PC or laptop
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Fully catered lunch, breakfast, and a snack filled kitchen (in-office)
- Uken social nights including mixers, game night, and more - we take entertainment seriously!
- Office-based or home-based work options
- Convenient location in the heart of downtown Toronto Front & John St.
At Uken, we believe there is power in diversity and strive for a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment. Our ongoing innovative journey relies on each Ukenite to be different. All qualified applicants will be assessed equally regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual attraction, gender identity, or expression, and would not face discrimination based on disability.
Uken is committed to offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org