This job might no longer be available.
Palo Alto, CA
7 months ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
MZ is looking for a QA Engineer to join our real time platform engineering team. You will be working with a group of world-class engineers, architects and product managers to build a scalable and high-performance breakthrough platform that will be leveraged by our external customers to build paradigm shifting applications and solutions.
At MZ quality is not just a word, it is a passion and dedication, requiring solid engineering background and willingness to adapt by constantly learning and making things better. In QA we strive to stay on top of the technology wave and provide test solutions that are relevant and efficient. We just need to do things smarter, not do more of them.
You'll be a part of a modern, lean, self governing engineering team where you have the ability to switch hats between designing features, coding, testing for quality and performance. We value transparency and trust. We continue to create purpose in our work, question the status quo, seek individual mastery and encourage autonomy.
What you'll be doing:
- Write and execute test plans
- Detect and document software defects
- Write simple automation for repetitive tasks
- Work with engineers on product designs, review implementation
- Identify and analyze performance bottlenecks
Your background and who you are:
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Be proactive, detailed and organized
- 3+ years professional work experience
- 2+ years of experience in scripting languages/shell scripting
- 2+ years of experience testing distributed systems
- Ability to read and understand code in C#/Java
- Understanding of SQL, NoSQL, column-oriented, object, blob and other databases and storage solutions
- Passion for performance debugging and benchmarking
- Experience with UI automation
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.