16 days ago
As a QA Engineer, you will work closely with the development team to ensure the quality and performance of IllFonic titles both in development and post launch. The role requires the quality assurance engineer to assist QA leadership in executing day-to-day test duties as well as help plan future test cycles. The job requires a strong background in QA, automation, and a desire to take on more responsibility in the QA process.
About the Company
Founded in 2007, IllFonic is an independent video game developer and publisher with studios in Lakewood, Colorado, Tacoma, Washington, and Austin, Texas. Our staff is composed of video game, music, and technology veterans redefining how indie and middle-market games are made and marketed. Current / Past titles and collaborations include Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, Arcadegeddon, Predator: Hunting Grounds, Friday the 13th: The Game, Dead Alliance, Star Citizen, Evolve, Armored Warfare, and Nexuiz.
- Triage, monitor, and prioritize the defect database.
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level.
- Continuously give feedback on content and code being developed.
- Reproduce, debug, and isolate problems and verify code changes and bug fixes.
- Collaborate with different disciplines in order to push quality upstream.
- Author test plans and oversee the execution of test coverage.
- Ensure high quality releases and updates for various player-facing features.
- Work with the QA and Automation teams to derive release testing requirements throughout the development cycle.
- Share your thoughts about how to make the company a better place to work, improve the creative process, and help deliver better games.
- 2+ years industry experience or multiple shipped titles.
- Proficient in C/C++.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
- Hands-on experience with different platforms such as consoles (PlayStation and XBox), Windows or Linux.
- Knowledge of development on Unreal Engine.
- A self-motivated team player with good communication skills and the ability to multitask.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to analyze complex problems.
- Strict use of code names and complete confidentiality of project information for as long as it is required.
- Strong multiplayer experience, particularly in asymmetric style.
- Proficient in C#, Java, Python or other high-level languages’.
- ISTQB Foundation Level
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
Benefits & Compensation
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Flexible work location options including remote, hybrid or in office.
- 100% employee paid medical, dental and vision coverage + 50% coverage for dependents.
- 401k + 4% company match.
- Competitive salary in the independent game developer market, with career progression and continued education encouraged and supported by management at all levels.
- Royalty Bonus Plan paid out after each calendar quarter during the year.
- Wellness Program that rewards work-life balance.
- Unlimited PTO and almost 7 weeks of mandated time off of work annually including First Friday Wellness Days of each month, Summer Break the week of 4th of July, Winter Break the last two weeks of the year, and an additional 7 holidays during the year.
- Moonlighting allowed for all non-competitive endeavors.