QA Engineer II - Player Platform, Riot Client
11 days ago
QA Engineers are analytical champions for quality, focused on testing extensively to ensure a holistic understanding of Riot’s projects. They create test plans and evaluate both the functional and subjective caliber of projects for a Riot development team. As every project is different, they listen and improve, to put the players and their team first, and to solve ambiguous and complex problems. Most importantly, it’s their passion and love for quality that ensures that QA Engineers help us level up and innovate on our processes, giving players the best experiences while playing our games.
As a QA Engineer II on the Riot Client team , you’ll help build best in class Client experiences for our players by helping the team implement and execute on testing activities to ensure quality. You will define test strategies, test plans, develop risk registries, manage defect databases and help mentor team members to execute the QA strategies. You will be a champion of holistic quality and reducing product/team risks, you’ll help the Riot Client team deliver a globally distributed Client for Riot Games products at a massive scale.
You will report to the QA Supervisor of Player Experience
- Promote creation and execution of a team-level quality strategy in partnership with QA Leadership
- Work with Product Owner and team members to understand user stories and inform quality decisions
- Reduce product risks through confirmation and regression testing
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of automated tests
- Work with the team to define test processes, methodologies, and work systems that improve product quality
- Escalate risks and quality concerns to product leadership
- Handle communication related to test status with all partners
- Guide external partner teams, overseeing and auditing their work
- Manage the defect database for the team, setting and enforcing best practices
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- Actively participate in product design and feedback
- 3+ years Software Quality Assurance Experience, with success leading testing efforts on a team
- Experience with strategic goal setting
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Experience designing and executing test plans.
- Experience managing components of a defect database.
- Experience tasking remote testers and providing feedback on effectiveness.
- Experience working embedded with developers and content creators.
- Experience creating custom reports on test coverage and defect data.
- Experience with client launcher testing techniques
- Experience with test automation tools (ReadyAPI/SoapUI)
- Experience with scripting (Groovy)
- Experience with Perforce and Git
- ISTQB Foundation Level Certification
- ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
- ISTQB Expert Level
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ICAgile Test Expert (ICE-AT)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.