QA Embedded Tester
14 days ago
QA Embedded Tester | QA | London | Permanent
We’re Hutch Games, a mobile games developer & publisher with studios in central London, Dundee and Canada. Our mission is to build the most diverse and engaged automotive gaming community on mobile. Our games have been played by over 300 million people, with new titles in development.
We believe in putting our people first. Here you can make games without sacrificing quality time with family and friends. We strive to ensure our people are happy and healthy.
Our teams are small and empowered, they have the independence to take on creative and technical challenges together, to work collaboratively, to make great games and have fun along the way.
We believe in; Looking after our people, small empowered teams, complete transparency, test, learn repeat, community at the core and the freedom to focus on what truly makes a difference to our players.
We’re driven by our players! Come and Join the mission!
Hutch are looking for a QA Embedded Tester to join their team in London. Reporting to the QA Project Lead, you will be working within a small mobile games development team in an agile environment. You should be a good communicator with excellent people skills and strong technical skills. You would be expected to own the testing of one of our mobile games, completing in-house testing and regression. You must be self-motivated, well organised, and have a real passion for QA.
Our QA philosophy is centred around close collaboration with the development team, focusing on bug prevention over detection. QA at Hutch are embedded within the development teams and form strong partnerships with the developers and the production team.
- Design and execute functional and regression test plans (Manual Testing)
- Working embedded within the development team completing in-house testing and bug regression, attending and contributing to sprint planning, retrospectives, and the daily scrums
- Reporting on build status
- Tracking bug process/ database management
- Implementation of bug prevention methods
- Proactive risk analysis to identify key areas of testing
- Previous and proven experience working embedded within a development team in the mobile games industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail orientated with a great attention to detail
- Knowledge of game development life cycles
- Degree in Computer Science, Games Design or similar
- Experience with JIRA or other bug tracking systems
- Mobile games testing experience (iOS/ Android) - functional & non-functional
- A good understanding of Agile development & testing
- An understanding of the F2P business model and mobile games market
Life at Hutch
Our HQ is in the heart of Shoreditch, central London with other offices in Dundee and Mahone Bay, Nova Scotia. We're an agile, creative team with people at the core of our values. We reward our employees with
- Enhanced Maternity (18 weeks) and Paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working 3 days per week (Everyone is working remotely until it is safe to go back into the office)
- Excellent salaries
- Private health care
- Access to mental health initiatives such as private mental health coaching
- Weekly Yoga Sessions
- Support to learn, develop and progress within Hutch
- Personal Project Development Days
- Free snacks and drinks
- Lots of social events, game launch parties, Friday night drinks and much more
We value diversity and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all suitable applicants. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Come and find out more about Hutch. We make racing games, but it’s not the only thing that drives us - https://www.hutch.io/