13 days ago
We are on the lookout for a QA Director to lead a team of talented QA professionals, ensuring quality throughout development of our Grand Strategy Games. You’ll be integral in working with our game teams and external QA resources in order to ensure that we’re keeping an eye on actionable results, and delivering a consistent product.
In this role you will be accountable for the development and deliveries of the department. You will also be managing and leading a team of QA professionals.
The mission is twofold: The first part is being a people manager. You will coach your team towards individual- and team excellence, conduct performance reviews, and help your team with setting short- and long-term goals.
The second part entails working with QA processes across the studio. You will be the subject matter expert for software test methodologies and procedures in order to ensure testing efficiency and a high level of quality. This role requires forward-leaning thinking, critical problem solving, and strong communication skills.
You will make sure that the QA team is organized, staffed, and led in a manner that secures success, both today and in the future. You will be part of setting the long-term vision for all QA efforts, and make sure to get people aligned on it.
- Create risk assessment documents with every major milestone of the project, by analyzing and auditing the current state the game is in, as well as communicating these risks to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure that the test teams have proper schedules, priorities, and guidance to make a successful game.
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation, maintenance, and improvement of QA tools and processes.
- Manage all QA-related outsourcing and contractor efforts of all game projects in close collaboration with the Outsourcing Manager in the global Studio Organization. This includes planning, scheduling and signing off on vendor milestones.
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate talent for QA Professionals; providing guidance for their individual professional development in order to maintain an effective team structure.
- Foster a dynamic and collaborative team environment; including but not limited to coordinating educational opportunities for the team, coordinating mentorships, and team-building.
- Several years of experience in a senior QA leadership role in overall software QA testing
- Experience leading QA teams in all major phases of software development.
- Experience driving quality process improvements in collaborative work environments with both internal and outsourced QA groups.
- Knowledge of QA methodology and tools, software testing standards, methods and conventions, and the product development cycle
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate the testing needs of projects well ahead of time.
- Experience with processes regarding automated testing is a plus
- Experience within the video games industry is a plus
On a personal level, you love mentoring both new and experienced testers. You are passionate about QA testing as a discipline. You are relentless about tracking down and documenting issues and you are a fierce player advocate.
We also believe that you are confident representing QA as an equal part of studio leadership.
Reports To: Studio Manager
Some of our benefits include:
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.