QA Development Tester
9 days ago
Torn Banner Studios are looking for a talented person to help us make Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, the sequel to our multi-million copy selling original, and support it and future titles. Join our small independent studio of around 35 developers in Toronto and help build the future of our company.
As part of our team, you will work face to face with development on a daily basis to help create and test features from concept to release. As a development tester you will be responsible for the quality of assigned features as well as contributing towards larger team goals. You must be able to independently identify testing needs and quality expectations, create and execute test plans and be able to work in editor to debug content and features.
As we’re a small team there is often need to work together to accomplish tasks, a collaborative attitude is essential for all members of our team.
- Drive quality goals for your areas of ownership
- Provide constructive feedback on features in development, contributing to final design
- Independently develop test plans that focus on what matters most
- Create and maintain documentation on processes and the state of game features
- Act as a subject matter expert for your areas of ownership, documenting and distributing knowledge, tools and processes.
- Coordinate testing efforts with off site members of the team
- 2 + years experience in game testing
- Previous experience with game engines, coding or other creative software
- Strong ability to work as a member of a team
- Previous experience working with off site testers
- Able to quickly transition between different tasks and projects
- Eager to learn new skills
- Previous experience with multiplayer/network testing
- Professional experience in beta testing or patch testing with live games
- 1st party trc/tcr test experience
Benefits & Perks
- Profit sharing
- 4 weeks Paid vacation
- A no crunching policy
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Weekly happy hour
- Healthcare & benefits
We're the studio behind the hit franchise Chivalry: Medieval Warfare. At Torn Banner we understand that long, hard hours are not conducive to being a happy, healthy person. Combine this idea with a flat studio structure and profit sharing and you've got ideals that promote a positive, low stress environment to help us create awesome games. As a small team of developers, each individual has a huge impact on the final product that we put out, so we put emphasis on being open with each other, giving/receiving critical feedback, and not letting an false sense of authority cloud our vision. The more eyes and input that we have from different disciplines and personality types, the better our releases will be.