QA Data Analyst
15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Data Analyst
The Data Analyst is responsible for working with PlayStation Studios QA teams globally to understand, develop, and implement bug risk metrics, and using data and quality KPIs for risk analysis and future trend comparisons, supporting the Management and Testing teams to improve qualitative data across all products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate, plan, balance, forecast, report on and recommend solutions for qualitative bug metrics and bug trend comparisons
- Maintain global portfolio of products and schedules
- Understanding of company products (platforms, games, etc.), business objectives and operations to provide business solutions and efficiency opportunities
- Drive and assist with the development and planning of PlayStation Studios QA Software, related to resource, risk and budget requirements (processes, tools, information, etc.), leading global projects where required
- Ensure continued service improvements (CSI) aligned with global mission, values, and long-term strategic organisational goals
- Compile, audit, analyse all global product information from various information management systems
- Analyse complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers
- Identify and interpret trends and patterns in datasets to highlight influential factors
- Construct forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on business data and market knowledge
- Create specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements
- May provide consultation to users and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues
- May directly produce datasets and reports for analysis using system reporting tools
What we are looking for:
- BA or BS degree or 2-4 years’ experience in a relevant position
- Experience with databases and bug tracking/reporting software
- High level of competency with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Visio (or equivalent)
- Experienced using Business Intelligence reporting tools (Cognos, Tableau)
- Experienced in using management information systems
- History of quality decision making, demonstrating diplomacy, flexibility and problem-solving
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience of software development lifecycles
- Software Development Experience and/or Quality Assurance Foundation Skills
- Game and/or Entertainment Industry Experience
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive Pension
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.