This job might no longer be available.
QA Coordinator [Far Cry Brand] (m/f/d)
17 days ago
At the head of a project QA team, you will have a critical role in helping us deliver world class game experiences to millions of players worldwide. You will help our talented and diverse development team by managing a group of testers to ensure our games launch at the highest quality. No two days are the same – from discussing intended design with our design team, to coordinating with international Ubisoft teams on playtests, you’ll have the opportunity to make a big impact on everything we do.
You will help your team by
- Empower them to be autonomous and responsible
- Plan and support the progress of your team members
- Provide your team with constructive feedback on performance and development
- Servant leadership mindset and team building
- Communicate with impact and promote open dialogue with team members
What you’ll be doing
- Collaboration with external QA / QC teams and Production, being the main point of contact
- Support Production in monitoring and assessing processes and production pipelines
- Monitor progress and maintain test schedule
- Maintain the bug backlog using dashboards, filters and bug regression
- Monitor your team’s velocity and manage risks
- Follow up on test requests from the development team
- Maintain documentation to support testing
- Set up, monitor and iterate on QA processes and test plans
- Drive the QA closing process as the project approaches milestones
- Drive the staffing strategy growth plans for your team
- Maintain awareness of the critical issues supporting development
- Create visibility through regular reports within the development team and stakeholders on the quality state of the project
What you’ll bring
- Self-organised, eager to learn and evolve
- An understanding of feature & content development in games
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies
- Ability to adapt to change
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge about automation and testing processes
- Strong knowledge about version control systems and bug tracking systems (P4, JIRA etc)
- TRC/TCR compliance experience
- Fluent in English
What we’d like
- ·6+ years industry experience in QA/QC or equivalent as team leader or in a senior capacity, preferably in an embedded role.
- Multiple shipped AAA titles, or the extensive experience in the live phase of an AAA title, preferably in QA leadership
Nice To Have
- Formal QA certification, such as ISTQB or equivalent experience
What we want to offer you:
We want to build a studio in which everyone feels inspired, empowered and connected. We believe developers do their best work when they feel empowered. We thus aim to give you a lot of autonomy. In return, we expect you to be self-responsible and stay on top of your game by continuously developing your skills. Furthermore, we know it is important for a developer to feel comfortable. With that in mind, we aim to provide a variety of everyday benefits which we hope will help you feel great including:
- Flexible working hours
- External training, education in our in-house guilds and knowledge sharing with other project teams
- Fresh fruit, discounted gym membership, support for child care, company pension scheme
- Share ideas! = Working in an innovative and international company
If you are passionate about video games and would like to work with like-minded professionals with an international team, please apply via our career portal. Applications should include your resume, a cover letter with the earliest starting date, your salary expectation and why you would like to joins us.
For further information please check www.berlin.ubisoft.com and www.ubisoft.com
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has development studios in 28 countries and sells video games in more than 55 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering high-quality, state of the art video game titles to players. In our German offices in Düsseldorf, Mainz and Berlin, we are working on brands like "Far Cry", “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege”, “For Honor", “The Settlers”, “Anno” and many more.
The Ubisoft Berlin studio is set to continue contributing to this impressive line-up and will be working on AAA Co-Development projects together with international Ubisoft teams.
We Are Ubisoft Berlin
At Ubisoft Berlin, we are steadily growing. We are collaborating on the award-winning “Far Cry” series together with international Ubisoft teams, an unannounced project and we are paving the way for even more!
We have an ambitious but humble approach to the contribution we want to bring to AAA game development in Germany. We are committed to excellence; we want to dedicate ourselves to delivering inspiring and meaningful game experiences that will empower our players and make them feel part of the worlds, we create.
We encourage an autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset tailored to our highly motivated talents to create experiences that leave a mark in the games industry as a whole.
Come and join us in one of the most creative and dynamic cities in the world!