QA Automation Engineer
15 days ago
Job Title - QA Automation Engineer
Reports Into - Senior Manager of Software Engineering
Location - Hybrid / Bangalore
A Little Bit About Kwalee….
Kwalee is a games publisher and developer based in Leamington Spa, UK, which boasts more than 1 billion installs on mobile platforms with games such as Teacher Simulator, Draw it, Bake It, Shootout 3D, Rocket Sky! and Line Up: Draw the Criminal. The company also publishes a growing catalogue of PC and console titles including Eternal Hope, Tens, Scathe, and Wildmender along with the upcoming titles ROBOBEAT, Space Chef, The Precinct and The Spirit of the Samurai.
Founded by games industry icon and Codemasters co-founder David Darling CBE, who is joined by a fast-growing team of global gaming experts with studios in the UK, India, Portugal and China and remote team members all over the world, Kwalee is on the lookout for high-quality games to publish on all platforms and encourages developers to get in touch.
Outside of its games, Kwalee is also highly active in the industry, as an ambassador of not-for-profit organisation Women in Games and a regular supporter of the charity SpecialEffect.
What’s In It For You?
Are You Up To The Challenge?
We’re looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer to support the development of Kwalee’s Technical Products. You will work alongside software engineers to develop tests for their code, and incorporate rigorous automated testing as part of an integrated QA process.
Your Team Mates
The software engineering team is central in developing the technology behind the development, growth and ongoing monetisation of our games. We are a cross functional team that consists of analysts, engineers and data scientists, who work to deliver products spanning our modern, cloud first, tech stack.
What Does The Job Actually Involve?
- Lead the adoption of automated testing efforts across our technical product teams
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts across the full stack including server, mobile and web
- Collaborate with all parts of the engineering team to define test strategies and provide QA input throughout the software development lifecycle
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Continuously improve and optimise test automation frameworks to enhance test efficiency and coverage
- Perform regression testing and participate in the release management process
- Mentor and coach less experienced QA automation engineers
- Spearhead a culture of quality, collaboration, and innovation within the QA team.
Your Hard Skills
- A degree in a STEM based discipline
- Proven experience in both frontend and backend automation testing, utilising tools like Selenium/Cypress, Appium, Postman, and similar technologies.
- Strong engineering background with exposure to both frontend and backend domains
- Proficiency in test case design, test execution, and defect tracking
- Leadership and project management skills, with the ability to lead and coordinate a team
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum methodologies and CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong communication and collaboration abilities
- Certifications in software testing or automation (e.g., ISTQB, Selenium) are a plus
- Experience with containerization and virtualization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) is a bonus
Your Soft Skills
Kwalee has grown fast in recent years but we’re very much a family of colleagues. We welcome people of all ages, races, colours, beliefs, sexual orientations, genders and circumstances, and all we ask is that you collaborate, work hard, ask questions and have fun with your team and colleagues.
We don’t like egos or arrogance and we love playing games and celebrating success together. If that sounds like you, then please apply.
A Little More About Kwalee
Founded in 2011 by David Darling CBE, a key architect of the UK games industry who previously co-founded and led Codemasters, our team also includes legends such as Andrew Graham (creator of Micro Machines series) and Jason Falcus (programmer of classics including NBA Jam) alongside a growing and diverse team of global gaming experts.
Everyone contributes creatively to Kwalee’s success, with all employees eligible to pitch their own game ideas on Creative Wednesdays, and we’re proud to have built our success on this inclusive principle.
We have an amazing team of experts collaborating daily between our studios in Leamington Spa, Lisbon, Bangalore and Beijing, or on a remote basis from Turkey, Brazil, Cyprus, the Philippines and many more places around the world. We’ve recently acquired our first external studio, TicTales, which is based in France.
We have a truly global team making games for a global audience, and it’s paying off: - Kwalee has been voted the Best Large Studio and Best Leadership Team at the TIGA Awards (Independent Game Developers’ Association) and our games have been downloaded in every country on earth - including Antarctica!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.