This job might no longer be available.
QA Automation Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
8 days ago
Job Title:QA Automation Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
- Champion the QA effort and direction within the allocated dev team
- Develop effective, reusable and maintainable test automation frameworks and test suites
- Preparation of test plans, test cases/scripts, and test reports
- Creation of test plans for both functional and non-functional requirements
- Build and maintain daily regression/smoke test framework & suites
- Execution of all tests including creation and closing of issues and defects
- Closely work with all members of the team in all aspects of QA
- Ongoing active involvement and contributions within the QA chapter/community
- Test automation script with the aim of Continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- Experience in setting up Automation frameworks required
- Ability to write and run automation test cases
- Strong work experience with test tools and automation
- Experience working on a CI/CD platform
- Effective Test data management
- Strong work experience in a continuous improvement work environment
- Strong knowledge in QA process and risk base minimisation testing
- Experience in various test techniques
- Experience in working in the games industry
Skills and attributes
- Strong Automation skills, and ability to set up Automation Frameworks
- Python skills a MUST
- Automation skills using Ranorex and/or other tools
- Strong QA knowledge and understanding
- Experience with ALM tools such as Jira, Confluence, Testrail
- Strong systems, problem solving and analytical skills, exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent self-learner and proactive
- Proven ability to work effectively and contributing to the immediate team and to centre of excellence
- Ability to evaluate and challenge functional / non-functional requirements and design
- Ability to work in an onshore/offshore environment
- 4+ years’ experience for as a proven test Automation engineer role & QA analyst
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.