9 days ago
The QA Analyst role involves ensuring that the game is comprehensively tested, and issues are accurately reported into the bug database. This means using your experience to evaluate every aspect of the game, including all areas, on and off the critical path as well as feature edge cases and all gameplay outcomes. You will also be expected to work with other members of the QA team, as well as other development departments to ensure all existing and new features/assets are tested as they are implemented. As well as testing there will also be several ad-hoc requirements that will need to be fulfilled by the QA Analyst.
This will be a varied role that will involve being focussed, and creative in your approach to the game, how it functions and how you can stress it.
The successful candidate will possess similar experience in a games industry Quality Assurance department, as well as having a positive outlook, a professional manner and be able to demonstrate the ability to focus on tasks whilst being agile and able to prioritise when multiple requests are made of them.
An aptitude for technical disciplines and a genuine passion for the video games industry is a must as well as experience of playing a diverse range of game genres on a variety of formats.
- Accurately enter bugs into the database, ensuring all relevant information is included and all required attachments are provided.
- Work with other QA members to ensure all areas of the game, with features and assets within are comprehensively tested, even those off the critical path.
- Assist Associate QA Analysts to get up to speed with the responsibilities and QA processes.
- Be approachable and help answer any queries from Associate QA Analysts where possible.
- Compile documentation to verify the state of new content/features as and when requested. Evaluate and feedback on new features, development tools and assets when requested.
- Ensure all bug tickets and tasks in the database are acted upon/addressed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the game and development tools for both quality and functionality and ensure all information is fed through to the relevant parties.
- Use various tools and commands to collect information and analyse results.
- Comprehensively test the game, both success as well as fail conditions, in order to test and stress all outcomes.
- Accurately fulfil all task requests as assigned by senior members of the QA team and the wider development team as required.
- Accurately follow test plans etc. and ensure all information is completed and fed back to the relevant parties.
- Perform comprehensive sweeps of game areas and feedback results as and when requested.
- Escalate any risks/serious issues to the relevant parties as soon as they are identified.
- Complete any ad hoc requests for tasks from senior members of the QA team as well as the wider development staff as and when required.
- Use various tools and commands regularly to gather information and analyse results when needed.
- Previous games industry quality assurance experience.
- PC literate with knowledge of MS Office suite applications.
- Knowledge of any content creation tools, programming languages or game engines is a plus.
- Technically proficient and able to easily learn new systems.
- Strong extrapolation skills and understanding of cause and effect.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and driven to creatively solve problems.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment whilst always keeping focus.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal, and comfortable working with multiple disciplines.
- Respectful and professional manner.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work on own initiative when needed.
- Proactive mindset.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.