This job might no longer be available.
QA Analyst - Star Trek Fleet Command
20 days ago
Scopely is looking for a QA Analyst to join our Star Trek Fleet Command team in Ireland, the UK, Spain or Portugal on a remote or hybrid basis!
At Scopely, we care deeply about what we do and want to inspire play, every day - whether in our work environments alongside our talented colleagues, or through our deep connections with our communities of players. We are a global team of game lovers who are developing, publishing and innovating the mobile games industry, connecting millions of people around the world daily.
Star Trek Fleet Command's ongoing success goes from strength to strength. Our in-house developed 4X MMO was launched in 2018 and continues to evolve, being consistently one of the top 10 gross revenue Massive Multiplayer Strategy games on the market.
What You’ll Do
You will be reporting into the Cluster QA Lead and you will be responsible for supporting the quality efforts of one of STFC’s closely knitted teams, known as a pod. You will work with both internal and external (offshore) teams to support regular feature, content or technical releases from concept through to launch, all the while retaining the utmost levels of quality through the use of a variety of tools and processes.
- Engage and provide feedback as early as the brief / design stages via static testing, highlighting additional test tool / cheat needs, pre-production quality concerns, or similar things alike
- Generate clear and concise test plans, identifying scope of coverage, accurate estimates, and resourcing needs from conception through to release
- Drive the creation, maintenance and coverage of relevant suites and associated test cases, tailored to your pod’s needs
- Liaise and coordinate with a team of offshore testers, defining and communicating expectations, while monitoring progress and results
- Lead by example through hands-on testing, owning and taking responsibility for the quality output of your pod’s work
- Keep the pod(s) and Cluster leadership team informed on milestone progression, priorities and blockers throughout the development lifecycle. Attend associated pod and QA team ceremonies, using these as a platform for feedback, while remaining current and informed on team strategy and movements
- Be aware of and monitor app health from an holistic viewpoint, such as ANRs & Crash Rates, via tools such as Data-dog / Google Play / Apple Connect, particularly following a release in which your pod contributed toward
- Assist in the promotion of a ‘shift left’ attitude, helping discover and resolve issues as early as possible within the production pipeline. Ensure the pods contributions to any given release are of the highest quality
What We’re Looking For
- Extensive experience within QA to be able to ultilise your skills supporting a busy and pivotal pod for our beloved game
- Hands on mobile testing experience
- Strong verbal / written communication and an excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management, accountability and organisational skills
- An ability to negotiate and ensure you and your team's message is heard, all the while with a sound business understanding to ensure correct balance and needs are met
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Flexible to an agile setup with the ability to multitask, managing coverage for multiple high profile releases with strict deadlines
- A strong commercial awareness with an understanding of business priorities and goals
- Exceptional reporting capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of JIRA and / or similar bug tracking systems
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Understanding of Apple / Google submission protocol
- A sound understanding of the gaming industry and the typical end to end development lifecycle
At Scopely, we create games for everyone - and want to ensure that the people behind our games reflect that! We are committed to creating a diverse, supportive work environment where everyone is treated with respect. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and welcome individuals from all backgrounds to join us & embrace the adventure!
Scopely is a global interactive entertainment and mobile-first video game company, home to many top, award-winning experiences such as "MONOPOLY GO!," “Star Trek™ Fleet Command,” “Stumble Guys,” “MARVEL Strike Force,” and “Yahtzee® With Buddies,” among others.
Scopely creates, publishes, and live-operates immersive games that empower a directed-by-consumer™ experience across multiple platforms--from mobile, web, PC and beyond.
Founded in 2011, Scopely is fueled by a world-class team and a proprietary technology platform Playgami that supports one of the most diversified portfolios in the games industry.
Recognized multiple times as one of Fast Company’s “World’s Most Innovative Companies,” Scopely is a multi-billion-dollar business due to its ability to create long-lasting game experiences that players enjoy for years.
Scopely has global operations in more than a dozen markets across Asia, EMEA, and North America, and is home to many internal game development teams, referred to as Scopely Studios, with additional game studio partners across four continents.
Scopely was acquired by Savvy Games Group in July 2023 for $4.9 billion, and is now an independent subsidiary of Savvy.
For more information on Scopely, visit: scopely.com.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.