QA Analyst - New IP
4 days ago
Greetings from Phoenix Labs!
Whether you’re hunting behemoths with your friends in Dauntless or rekindling the magical energy of Azoria in Fae Farm, our worlds empower players to share enduring stories like never before. Around here, we believe people are the ends, not the means. It’s how we strive to be a destination for developers who wish to collaborate on making timeless games enjoyed by players all over the world.
Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
Phoenix Labs is looking for an intermediate QA Analyst to help build a new IP. A successful candidate would have comprehensive and recent experience testing video games on PC and consoles ideally as an embedded member of an agile team.
A QA Analyst at Phoenix Labs is embedded within the team, owning the quality of new content and system releases. They also work alongside the other members of the QA department to ensure that releases to our players go smoothly, including following up on any live game issues.
- Embed with cross-discipline teams on Dauntless to develop test plans and ensure build stability and quality of the product as a whole.
- Collaborate closely with Production on the task/bug database creation and administration.
- Identify, document, and highlight risks and inefficiencies in QA practices, providing mitigation or contingency solutions where possible.
- Own bug reporting, escalation, and provide a crucial voice in triage initiatives.
- Work with product owners and other stakeholders to identify requirements, risks and testing strategies.
- Drive communication to stakeholders effectively speaking to QA work, in progress tasks, and/or blockers.
- Give feedback and otherwise contribute to discussions around upcoming features, based on your testing and experience.
- Work alongside and manage day to day work of an external testing team.
- Contribute to department-wide efforts to improve QA processes.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in QA in the video game industry.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Innovate on best practices, and implement new ways of approaching and mitigating quality risks.
- Experience working as an embedded QA.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience using JIRA and Perforce.
- Experience working with PC, PS4, and XB1 in the context of development.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 5.
- Experience working with an external QA team.
- Familiarity with a broad selection of modern video games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Who We Are
We make games because we love them, and we love the way they inspire us, bring us together, and enrich our lives. Our mosaic community of game developers is united by shared values and a desire to innovate and create new kinds of core, lifestyle, multiplayer games. Phoenix Labs has teams located in Vancouver (BC), Montreal, and San Mateo. We offer relocation + visa sponsorship as needed.