This job might no longer be available.
QA Analyst (Contract)
Bellevue, WA, United States
1 month ago
WHO WE ARE
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that builds online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best games of all time.
WHO YOU ARE
You are an embedded QA Analyst who works directly with Development team(s) to ensure the quality of content. You will act as an extra set of eyes and a sanity check to all content under your purview. Additionally, you will give input throughout the development cycle concerning scope, testability of the content, and general playability. You will work with the team lead and producer to ensure that everything is ready to go on time, and then also work with the outsource QA when your content is being tested.
- Write test plans for outsource QA to run
- Evaluate content for testability
- Collaborate with our leadership team
- General first look testing
- Run team play tests
- Interact with outsource testers
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of QA Analyst Experience
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, and Zephyr
- A passion for games and a desire to deliver the highest quality to our players
- Creativity to help find the ‘edge cases’
- MMO or other AAA game testing experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with Python or other scripting languages
- Shipped an MMO (release or expansion)